Mouseover and interrupt macro

Hey guys, will this macro work for mousing over party frames or do you actually have to mouseover the player themselves? I tried it out and I feel like it wasn’t working properly but havnt had a chance to test it more.

I want to interrupt normally and then remove curse on friendly target with mouseover.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, exists, help] Remove Curse,
/cast counterspell

Cleaned up a bit:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead]Remove Curse;Counterspell

Help already implies exists, so you don’t need both. I like to add a nodead so that a counterspell doesn’t fail because your mouse strayed over a corpse in the world. It’s also best to keep your whole conditional chain on one line. (Save using separate lines for things line off-GCD stuff you want to happen at the same time.)

Mouseover macros will work either when you mouse over a units frame or their model out in the world. However, if you have the macro bound to a mouse button, unit frames will “eat” the mouse click and it will only work on characters in the world.

So, if you want mouse casting tied to a mouse button, you’ll need an addon like Clique or frames with click casting built in like Vuhdoo. Depending on your mouse, you can also rebind some of the extra mouse buttons to keys with your mouse software to get around the problem. The keypad on MMO mice similarly will work find with mouseover macros, as they are generally mapped to keys, not mouse clicks.

2 Likes

Would enhance it to the following so it also works on friendly targets

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help] Remove Curse; Counterspell
1 Like

Awesome, thank you for showing how to do this! <3

I got to try this macro out last night and worked nicely. Thanks a lot.

a recommendation, make this macro spellsteal on hostile, remove curse on friendly. then bind your interrupt on another key. You can then use that same general macro on other classes with a similar setup- shaman purge/cleanse, druid soothe/cleanse, etc. I found that combo works better as a mouseover to perform similar actions on mobs vs allies.

2 Likes

Would you guys mind me asking for the spellsteal/ remove curse from friendly mouseover macro as well?

#showtooltip
/use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][harm] spellsteal; [@mouseover,help,nodead] [] decurse

10characters