Mouse right button issues

Noticed that since tuesday my right mouse button is having issues only in Classic and not in BFA.

ex: Moving forward and holding right mouse button to turn character, the right mouse button repeatedly toggles in and out.

Checked drivers for my mouse and everything appears to be fine on my end, any ideas? Thanks!

1 Like

There are many, many threads regarding this issue. Check them out for more information:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wow-classic-mouse-over-stutter

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/right-mouse-not-working

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/right-mouse-button-again

I’d just like to add something that many people leave out in these threads:

• The right-mouse button is by far the most used switch on a mouse when it comes to WoW.

• When mouse button switches start to fail, they do so intermittently because the little spring in the switch wears down over time.

So, therefore, a mouse with a failing switch - most likely the switch on the most commonly used button - will stutter and fail intermittently for a long time before the switch actually “dies” and becomes non-functional.

Do with this info what you will. You can test the theory by pushing down on the right mouse button really hard when it’s doing the stuttering thing to see if the problem resolves.

This right-click-stutter has happened to me many times over the years. I used to solve it by opening the offending switch and re-tensioning the micro-spring. There are YouTube tutorials on this, and they do work.

At times when I didn’t have the funds to buy a new mouse, and didn’t have the information needed to re-tension the micro-spring, I bought myself some extra time by wedging a tiny bit of paper or tape (equal to about two sheet’s worth of thickness) between the switch and the plastic piece that presses down on it. This gives the mouse that tiny bit of extra force it needs to press the switch properly.

Nowadays, I just get a new mouse, though. Not once have I plugged in a brand-new mouse and had the problem persist.

Good luck!

1 Like

I am also experiencing this issue with my Logitech G Pro Wireless. The problem does not exist with my Zowie FK1+.

I have attempted every “fix” provided to no avail. That includes the raw input command, the GxMouse setting addition to the config file, uninstalling the G Hub software, etc. Nothing works and it’s game-breaking.

A quick google search reveals this has been an intermittent, ongoing issue for nearly six years. There are a few blue posts recommending the same fixes as everyone else, but none of them work.

This is the only game the problem occurs in. There is a fundamental design or code issue causing it in World of Warcraft, and I think the technical team should do a little research using the voluminous evidence provided via Youtube and by specific description, and fix it.

I appreciate you put some time into this, but I think it’s incredibly unlikely that my brand new $150 G Pro Wireless has a failing spring or hardware problem. The fact that this is the only game I have an issue with is further indication that it’s a WoW issue, in addition to the wide array of mice that people have reported this issue affecting.

Fair enough. When I posted what I did, in response to the OP, they didn’t mention the age of their mouse or any other pertinent info.

So, relative to the problem you are having - no, a bad switch likely isn’t the problem. What I was getting at is that there is a lot of mixed information in those long “mouse complaint” threads, some of which is sure to be related to bad switches.

I just swapped a failing Logitech G (~18 months old) for a Razer Basilisk. When the Logitech G was failing, I had the “stuttering” clicks, “non-sticking” right-click, etc. These problems were intermittent, happening a whole lot on some days, not so much on others, present in some games and then not present in others.

I completely agree. I’d never suggest otherwise to someone who indicates they have a brand new mouse, even if it was a bottom-of-the-line, run-of-the-mill $19 “Amazon Basics” device. New switches are new switches.

But, since failing switches exactly mimic this behavior people complain about, taking an objective look at your hardware is the only logical way to troubleshoot. Eliminate an obvious culprit, then move on.

Good luck =)

2 Likes

I have the same issue with the same Logitech g pro mouse. Did you ever resolve it?

Found a fix in another thread that worked for me. If you haven’t tried it yet, give it a shot.

In Windows 10
Navigate to the main Wow folder
Down near the bottom of the list is the Wow icon (W) icon
Right click on the Wow icon
Select “Properties” at bottom of list
Then select “Compatibility” tab along top of next pane
At the bottom of that select (check) “Disable Fullscreen Optimization”