Mouse problems in game - cant find a fix

Hello, i have researched this topic and it seems to pop up sometimes. Both myself and my arena partner have had this problem since the 8.1 patch.

Basically i move with clicking down both left and right mouse buttons. However since the patch sometimes the sensitivity just goes crazy like its at 10,000 dpi and the camera just rotates around the character making it very frustrating to play arena. It Happens like once a minute, but it is not a constant thing it only happens some times when i click down. This problem also happens when you just use the right mouse button to rotate the camera. When it does happen, sometimes it says like that for a few clicks and reverts back.

I have tried to put the game in windowed mode., Disabled mouse sensitivity in interface and i also play with 400 DPI normally. Both myself and my arena partner have played since BC and i have never came across this problem. I have also tried different mouses.

1 Like

Maybe?

1 Like

Thanks a bunch, testing it out now.
Edit: did not work. But thanks for the suggestion.

Hi Shinzetsue

To confirm - were you able to install the most recent updates? If you went to the Windows Update function it was likely to say “You’re up to date”. You would need to disregard that “untruth” and press the button below “Check for Updates”.

There are some other things to try:

1. Lower the “Polling Rate” to 100 - 125 Hz. (depending on software).

2. If it isn’t an issue try disabling the Foreground FPS limiter. Ingame on the Menu > System > Advanced. (Remember to hit the Apply button)

3. Enable the rawMouse CVar. Open a chat box then copy/paste this line. (Ctrl + V will paste it)

/script SetCVar(“rawMouseEnable”, 1);

To check that the script worked go to the Wow folder > WTF - look for the Config file. Open with notepad. This should be at the bottom of CVar list:

SET rawMouseEnable “1”

(0 - zero is off)

Test them one at a time.

I know It’s a bit old topic, but I’m sharing my experience.

Had this mouse sensitivity issue as well and this worked for me:

• In Config.wtf added: SET rawMouseEnable “1”
  • In Config.wtf deleted: SET mouseSpeed… line

Everything works fine now

1 Like