Mouse over macro that prioritazes me when I don't mouse over anyone?

I am trying to do all my macros for all my pally specs so I can use my utility a bit more “freely” but I am struggling with this because when I include @player on my [@mouseover, help, nodead] it always prioritizes me and never the mouse over. Any help would be appreciated.

/use [@mouseover, help, nodead][] F
F is your friendly ability, the [ ] afterwards should cast on you if you have auto self cast turned on in settings and are not mousing over anyone or their nameplate.

An alternative to clear up bar space is help / harm macros:
/use [@mouseover, help, nodead] F; H
F is friendly ability, H is harm ability … requires mouseover for the friendly ability BUT won’t self cast if no target.
If you use #Showtooltip as your first line the icon will change based on which skill will be cast when the button is pressed.

At work but iirc a druid example:
#Showtooltip
/use [@mouseover, help, nodead] Rejuvenation; Sunfire

Target the enemy and when not moused over a friendly pressing the button casts Sunfire. Leave enemy as your target and mouse over a friendly nameplate to cast Rejuvenation on your mouseover target.

1 Like

Pins are your friend.

1 Like

I appreciate it, the macro worked like a charm, though I have another question - Let’s say I wanted to put Inquisition and Execution Sentence on the same button since my rotation beings by popping Inquisition at three stacks followed by Execution Sentence at 3 stacks. Is there a way to make E.S show up whenever it’s out of cooldown and then revert back to the previous cast sequence order? Ex - I use Inquisition, then I use Execution Sentence, now Inquisition is my current button on the cast sequence and the only way to use E.S again is by using Inquisition first.

Try:
/castsequence reset=5 Inquisition, Execution Sentence

Change the 5 to 0.1 seconds less than Execution Sentence CD

Wouldn’t that bring back to Inquisition though?

Maybe I misunderstood. Yes, that will cast Inquisition on the first press, and ES on the second press and reset back to Inquisition after the reset time.
Edit to add: I’m not sure what you want is possible maybe someone else can chime in here.

I tried that one, but what I need is resetting back to ES, since Inquisition holds up for 45 secs.

But yeah, also thinking it might not be possible unless I put ES first, but I would be losing a lot of initial DPS due to all the GCDs I have to go through to activate Inquisition after.

A solution, though not very elegant is:

/castsequence reset=44.5 Inquisiton, ES, ES, ES, ES … n

Adding as many ES as you think you can get off in the 44.5s. Will still reset at 44.5s and allow Inquisition again. I think the max might be 8 ES that you can add. Edited a spelling mistake.

1 Like

Actually, this worked perfectly, thank you!

No problem at all, enjoy!

1 Like

You’re misinterpreting how the reset timer works. It’s not from when you start the sequence, but when you last hit the macro button. In this particular case, if you’re spamming the macro, the reset line isn’t actually doing anything as it’s never triggering.

So wait, is there a solution to this then?

Honestly, not really. Castsequences are pretty much always a suboptimal way to play. Using them with something with a fairly long cooldown is probably one of the worst uses of them.

You’re best option in this case is to have them on separate buttons, or to use a modifier macro. Something like:

/cast [mod:shift]Inquisition;Execution Sentence

One issue you’ll run into with that is that you won’t see Inquistion’s cooldown unless you’re holding the shift key. The easiest way to fix that would be to use an addon like Weak Auras or TellMeWhen to track the cooldown.

My problem with the modifier keys is that I already use Shift and Alt on my keybinds as modifiers I guess. =/