Mouse or Game Issue?

So I have always used my mouse to steer and advance in the game… no problems for like the past 10 years. NOW something seems to have changed (last 4-6 weeks or so). Not always but a lot of the time I press both mouse buttons and try and move forward but NOOOOO, I am stuck. During last night’s heroic progression this was a problem a few times, most notably the Council fight during Dark Recital… I get targeted, I see this, I turn to advance to where we go and boom, my forward movement is stuck… needless to say, half a second of that and I am dead. It’s one thing if I miss a mechanic, but this? Happened during SKS when we are following Kel, but I managed to avoid any one shots even though a time or two I was stuck.

Anyone ever have such experiences? Should I be buying a new mouse?

Most likely it’s the mouse. People are pretty intense in game sometimes so that normal slight tap you do to surf the web becomes a full blown slam during a boss fight.

Eventually you will have slammed the buttons so much as to weaken their response. That and crud buildup leads too sticking.

So if the mouse is old, consider replacing it. If not old, consider cleaning it.

Next up, WoW is notorious for degrading in performance over time. So it behooves you to do a fresh install of the game from time to time. It’s like defragging the game.

Last but certainly not least… you don’t need everything dialed up to a 10 to run an instance… no one is stopping to admire the special effects. You want maximum performance, not maximum graphics. Dial things down to the point of necessity. It’s what the world best do. It’s also why they are the world best… they focus solely on the absolutely needed and exclude every ounce of fluff.

One more about the mouse… if it’s not a wired mouse, it could be the batteries are going kaput. This is why most prefer a tethered mouse to a wireless one. No death by battery.

And something may have changed in the last 4-6 weeks… the OS you are running may have been updated in some way. Some add-on you are using may have been updated in some way. And of course WoW most certainly has been updated. Every bug fix or tuning run comes with a host of new potential issues.

Fun times.