Mouse control is "floaty" with super lag

Recently, my mouse control of the camera has become super laggy and with a floaty feel to it. eg: say move the mouse back and forth a few times to look around. Nothing happens for a second, then the camera suddenly moves one way, pauses, then moves the other way. I unplugged the mouse and tested just the built-in touchpad and same thing. Everything else seems totally find. looking around with the keyboard is fine.
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
v10.15.1 (19B88)
2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

2 Likes

Came to say I’m having the same issue since upgrading to Catalina last night. My mouse interaction is 5-10 seconds delayed, with camera movement and interaction with any UI elements.

I’m experiencing the same thing on my 15-inch 2015 MacBook Pro running Catalina (10.15.1). It makes the game completely unplayable.

Same problem here on a Hackintosh with Catalina 10.15.1 as well as my Mac Pro.

Same thing happens to me if I forget to force it to use my discrete graphics card on my MBP.

Have you tried turning off vsync?

I have been experiencing the same lagging mouse and keyboard since macOS 10.15 Catalina was released. My setup is a 2018 Mac mini with an RX580 eGPU. Everything ran great in 10.14 Mojave. Dual booting to Mojave works fine.

I have set Battle(dot)net and World of Warcraft applications to ‘Prefer External GPU’ with no improvement. Energy Saver --> Automatic Graphics Switching is not an option on a Mac mini. Reinstalling Catalina and World of Warcraft did not resolve the issue. Reseting the mouse repeat rate did not resolve the issue.

Setting World of Warcraft to Display Mode ‘Windowed’ instead of ‘Fullscreen (Windowed)’ has been the only setting that consistently resolves the issue.

For the Horde!

1 Like