Mounts Dying

Is it me or are mounts becoming seemingly less desirable now? I know when I really really want a certain mount, and IF I get it, I’m left feeling like ehhh…. “what’s next?”

I think Blizzard should re-think about letting people go back to old content and letting players farm the achievement mounts. It’s unfair to the people that worked hard during a season or expansion to gear themselves and build a solid team to obtain it. It completely over shadows them by lazy people who just wait a year for the following expansion to go back and solo it. it’s kind of a slap in the face IMO (btw I’m not a holder of any special achievement mounts). I see so many youtubers and mount videos with people blatantly saying “this is how you get XXXX mount, but I’ll be waiting till XXXX expansion to get it then.” Completely deteriorates the point of the whole thing and probably to some degree kills the grouping aspect or population. If content is waiting to be cleared by X amount of people, but people are not wanting to push for it because there’s no rush, then you are left with fewer number in population to play that content and really push for it.

All in all I’m all for mounts and there are many that I want but despite my want for them, many have lost their appeal IMO because they do not hold the “special appeal” that they might of once had. IE Invincible and Ashes of Al’ar. Nearly 25% of all WoW accounts have these mounts now and “for me at least” are no longer impressive nor do I care to farm for them anymore.

Mounts that are still extremely hard to come by like Colbalt Direhorn or Heavenly Ony Drag, you got thousands of people who logon just to get their kill in asap of reset. The mounts that are difficult to get still (even by todays standards) are still some of the most desired mounts in the game. Why is this? Because less than 2% of the population have them and have retained that “special appeal”. We also see that returning player base login and play to get in their attempts.

3 Likes

I think it’s a Warcraft dieing. Not only mounts.

6 Likes

“At long-last, no game rules forever my son”

4 Likes

This sounds like a terrible idea, how does the game/players benefit of this?

9 Likes

More people will push for current content and group “try/actually play” knowing that mounts are limited in their availability.

Again, why even bother to try and complete achievements for special mounts, when you know you can just wait till next expansion, come back and solo it. What’s the point of it being an “Achievement” then?

There are already several mounts that are time-limited and those are the prestige mounts for people that care about that sort of thing. If you do that to all mounts you may slightly increase the number of people doing hard content but you’ll significantly reduce the game’s population overall by reducing the number of people that go back and try old content to kill time.

11 Likes

I don’t think so. They’re are over 500 mounts in the game and I’m only talking about Old “Achievement mounts” like from raids. That’s a small number of mounts. There are tons of world mounts to obtain that are still very difficult and tough to get to “kill time”.

Perfect example (if I’m correct) is Uncorrupted Voidwing. I hear that its going away in SL expansion. Its an achievement mount that is not hard to get at all… It only requires you to play the game to be decently geared and beat the final expansion boss on heroic. I think that’s how it should be. Something that requires the player base to “play” and work towards something that’s challenging but not too challenging and as a reward your given something that limited for playing the game during a certain time that you were playing.

Why remove more content from casual players just for your own selfish gains. There is plenty of benefits for being a cutting edge player. Let the other group have a bone yeah? The world isn’t about you.

27 Likes

You have to wait one and half expansion, that is 3-4 years. Once the expansion is over the drop rate of the truly hard to get mounts drop bellow 1%, which is enough to keep players farming them for months or years.

That player that decided to wait until the expansion is over is deciding to spend way more time farming a mount than what the patch when it was introduced lasted, that is a undisputed win for blizzard because the player will not only be playing concurrent content but also old content, wasting more time in-game.

The exclusivity crafted around limiting rewards to a specific time frame in raids is a complete failure as you can just buy your way through it, there is no prestige nor achievement on that, just the pleasure of displaying a reward that will not be available in the next expansion.

6 Likes

I’m not an elitest nor do I have these mounts. So I’m not being selfish at all. My account is barely 2 months old (if that). As a new player im left wondering why even attempt these achievements and why even be “Achievements”. Its not an achievement to come back when your character is stronger and content becomes old content. Doesn’t make sense.

Mount achievements should be limited and obtainable by all player base. is what im saying. That is not selfish at all.

Its crazy to think or to want a player base to play the real game right?

WEEEEEEWOOOOOOWEEEEEEEWOOOOOWEEEEEEWOOOOOO…

7 Likes

Who are you to determine what the real game is. What that game is about? This sounds like someone just trying to dictate their own brand of fun onto other people.

10 Likes

Your literally coming up with an excuse to be lazy… That is procrastination at it’s finest. Reward the player who doesn’t play, but waits to play the game until its become easy for them, and reward them with the same prize as someone who actually played our game. That’s azz backwards…

Yeah, I think we’re done here. You’re new to the game, you don’t know what you’re talking about, and you’re doing it from a high horse. Not a great combo.

24 Likes

Honestly “Slap in the face” I think it’s just a troll anyways but I have been giving it the benefit of the doubt.

1 Like

I read the Achievement to see what the game was. Do you know what the word Achievement means in the world today? How is it an Achievement if you can go back and do it when it’s easy and be rewarded?

It’s like if you really wanted to be a Astronaut when you were little. Knowing you had a rigorous education path in front of you but regardless you complete it. However, the following year after you just became a astronaut, they decided that an education was no longer needed. Anyone could apply and become one. You would be like WTF?

You new to gaming? Game achievements are different from life ones… Litterally just a way to track what you have done.

2 Likes

What high horse? If I had all the achievement mounts and was sour about everyone else getting them, I’d understand your comment, but I have literally one! So your statement is senseless.

That’s just you.

Most people I assume who get a 2% or less mount are happy regardless of what expansion it dropped in.

5 Likes

You don’t seem to understand how blizzard is making money from old content, they leave most of it as it is so you can go back and spend your time getting whatever you couldn’t get. A patch is not going to hold someone’s subscription as it doesn’t have enough content to keep someone playing the game more than a few hours a week.

If the come decide to suddenly remove the most attractive part of the legacy content there will be nothing significant to do, players will stop visiting such content, they will get burned out in concurrent content and quit until the next relevant patch is out.

Again, how does suddenly applying exclusivity to things that have never exclusive benefit the game or players if it is guaranteed both will end losing?

Also, this point still stands, I can just unfold my credit card to get “the achievement”. To do what you are saying is not healthy for the game.

1 Like