Mount equipment and my take

not to mention the gold sink of doing so.
This was ALL about creating a gold sink and having more control over game play.
Again, not ONE thing EVER done FOR the players themselves.

Not all about a gold sink. I agree that was a part of it. However, my opinion, the main reason is the strider nerf.

Players are taking short cuts over water! Even we we put schools of aggressive fish every 2 feet! THIS MUST STOP!!!

The only purpose of mount equipment is so that players are unable to walk on water in 9.0 due to the equipment not working past level 120. There is no other explanation why they would do this.

I know their claim is they are giving us options but If they didn’t want to “take away” water walking they would have left the waterstrider alone.

1 Like

Just discovered the mount equipment is for all mounts… oh boy if that’s disappointing. They could have made the socket for each individual mount with mounts like the Golem or the Water Strider having a SECOND socket that we unlocked via quest / profession / bossdrop / younameit and made those mounts feel super epic.

Someone said up there that the devs didn’t want players to have access to more than one mount ability so that’s why the socket is for all mounts, well that’s a lazy implementation. They could have allowed us to customize our mounts and at the same time gate the system in many ways.

[Normal Mount] = Available to all acc characters.
[Socketed Mount] = Available to characters that UNLOCKED a specific set of parameters for that specific mount equipment. (quest, profession, level, boss drop, etc)

That way only after individually unlocking each mount equipment type a player’s character can use the mounts. This would have given mounts a hell of a revamp and given players something to work for, collect and customize.

1 Like

Why they stopped with Stirrups and Bardigns is beyond me. I see 0 argument any of them or any of you can put forward as to why they Had to go. They allowed Players to if I recall choose between not being able to be Dazed whilst flying around in Legion and Battle For Azeroth which were the Leather Barding’s and the Stirrups which Allowed Mining Herbing Skinning and the looting of Treasures etc whilst remaining mounted in the same 2 expansions. And if I am not mistaken you could use both Simultaenously which was great back in Legion before Warmode was a thing and even with warmode in BFA.

I have yet to Pry into why Blizzard removed them but I can imagine it was for some concocted reason that only makes sense to them and them alone. I can see one expansion where thye might have not had them and that would be Shadowlands but I then think about how cool it would have been to have different theme Barding’s and Stirrup’s for Each covenant and Ore type. And I 1 million% thought we would get them in Dragonflight or at least the Looting while Mounted benefit from Stirrups. Seeiing as Dragonflight has finite Treasures that have no daily cap and you can literally do it 24/7 yet you have to Dismount to loot everyone and dismount about half as much as a Druid in Flight form.

So my Question is not to you but Blizzard. WHY? What prompted you to remove Yet another 5 Star feature is it because you think we did not like it or use it>? are there statistics you have and Should show us to back it up. Not just with what the OP is talking about but with other great expansion ideas like the Item Scrapper. What happened there? You had awesome Tech that would have been perfect if you intergrated it to function for ever expansion and place one in each Major city of older expansions so Players could break down those learned and unlearnable Items into Reagents but we got Nothing. And if I had to force you to implement one of these great Expansion Specific features again it would be the Item Scrapper >Game wide then follow that with the Barding’s and Stirrup’s.

It is a Crime to this game that features such as this were removed and little to no reason/explanation for this from you that is Public (maybe if i bothered to dig around I could find something) but that is not my point. You have the War Within Expansion on the Horizon and you got more than enough Money People and Time to re intergrate these features instead of Bringing back old Dungeon or Raid Content which you loved doing most of Dragonflight Cough Tier 3 "Cough* Garbage intergration. So Examine this and other posts and suggestions pertaining to these topics make a decision Yes or No but don’t just ignore us Tell us. Start doing an Actual Blog/Newsletter if not already which outlines upcoming changes etc. Actually communicate with us and not Via Blue Posts make a Dedicated Section on your Website Hell even get Youtubers or Hire people to make videos verbally going over what you have Typed up. Something over being Silent. And yes Silent is 100% how you are percieved to me and a lot of the WoW community you do not do enough Public Relations to warrant players time and money. DO BETTER BE BETTER WORK BETTER.

1 Like

Man I applaud your effort for a 5 year old necro.

4 Likes

Yea i honestly didn’t expected this to be necroed.

That said, i’m so glad i didn’t accept the “It will get better in the future” comments back then, because i haven’t seen any improvements to this. And Glammazon is correct on how Blizzzard just basically abandoned this as soon they launched it, and if they aren’t going to build upon the systems they took away and make it better…

STHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP..

1 Like

I entirely forgot mount equipment was even a thing. For like… 2 expansions now. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

1 Like

It was the waterstrider mount from hello panda! Island adventure.
Rather than designing more amphibious mounts to offset everyone riding water bugs, they just took away the only thing people wanted them for, and put it in a trinket.

Hope mount equipment guy got laid off.

1 Like

So did Blizzard.

It was pretty obviously just an excuse to cripple the water strider. After that was accomplished they forgot it existed.

1 Like

Fine with me. I just pick up my daze removal on each new alt then forget it exists as well.

Pretty much, yeah.

Honestly now that dragonriding is here to stay none of the equipment is particularly useful. Nothing goes fast enough to hit us and daze us now lol

Though imagining Kaliri at dynamic flight speeds and enough AI to use it well is terrifying.

1 Like

Well now I’m curious actually. Do we get dazed while dragonriding? I’ve never bothered to check. Seems like it could be disastrous. Or potentially hilarious.

Saves me having to Re Post a thread of the exact same topic. And I just google my issues with the game and a thread appears and I post my thoughts, Gues I am Necro connoisseur.

yeah that is a very good point.

1 Like