Mount equipment and my take

Have it per mount and not per character.

Or

Leave water walking on the strider locked but allow the equipment on other mounts.

I want the option to switch to a mount for any given area.
I don’t want to keep switch equipment for the current area then switch it again for the next area.

7 Likes

It is working exactly as described… Not sure why you are confused

2 Likes

…well can you link to me the 8.2 ptr notes? cause i’m not sure this quote from 8.2 patch notes from wowhead is correct then.

Mount equipment is being added, allowing players to customize their mounts with special effects such as water walking to combat the usefulness of Water Striders and allow players to use the mounts they want.

They didn’t say here that it’s one socket for all. :confused:

1 Like

Use a flying mount. Its more for your alts anyway so they arent forced to use a waterbug as their only mount out of hundreds available

Sorry dude, not gonna spoon feed you and your outrage. The Blue posts were very clear.

Read the thousands of water strider posts. They all got it.

You mean this one?

Also, if any blue like to clarify to me on where i missed on the PTR notes for 8.2, on where it describes that “the socket button is for all mounts on that character” that would be appreciated.

Edit i have just a few minutes ago, noticed the last part of the quote, follow downwards to my other post where i replied to that bit i overlooked.

1 Like

I sure hope they do better on the other 2 equipment slots than the water walking. On PTR, the ww disappears upon taking simple short fall damage. Will the parachute disappear if you hit a tree and continue to fall to your death? Will the stun resistant mount lose its resistance after a certain amount of hits?

So far it’s very disappointing with the ww part. The ww should not disappear at all or at least not unless hit by mobs, but CERTAINLY NOT if taking fall damage.

2 Likes

Just get on PTR. It is definitely for every mount in your collection. It’s a simple one slot at the bottom of the mount collection page.

This is exactly how the water strider works right now. Any damage taken disables the water walking.

Only mob damage. Not falling damage. My water strider jumps and I take damage quite often and the ww ability is still there.

3 Likes

There’s a blue post that specifically says this is exactly what they don’t want; they don’t want players to have access to more than one mount function on a single character.

Source:

He straight up says they want us to have to choose one ability, not have access to multiple. :frowning:

I agree it would be so awesome to actually be able to customize our mount functions, but, sadly, that’s not the way this was designed or presented from the start.

2 Likes

Falling damage doesn’t

Mine must be busted then, fall damage makes me fall into the water all the time :tipping_hand_man:

race base combat mount and requirement for exalt for races to get new one. for example I have be exalted with night elf to get there night sabers. also work make basic raise the mount. also make so different mount basic on which class has different abilitys. for example paladin night saber may be bless by elune to help him or her in battle while hunter nightsaber may fight like pet in battle becide the hunter. a rogues nightsaber can sleath.

Blizzard is the new ministry of truth
Less options = more choices

3 Likes

we knew this, it was said during the q&a

Might’ve missed that one, how long their usually are and how reliable are they exactly?

I always have parachutes… anyone should. Basically unless you are Stevie Wonder, the amount of daze/knockoff is minimal… so that one doesnt really interest me. Oh look… water… Ill run over it instead of around it. Water walking without having to change out my Dark Iron Ram for the stupid bug! … I win!

I don’t watch the actual Q&As, but I usually check wowhead shortly after to get the cliff notes version. This is where I first saw info about the mount equipment and water strider changes about a week ago:

There have been several follow up articles:

Not PTR notes, but the bolded part of what was quoted to you is where it was said.