Mount equipment and my take

Blizzard is the new ministry of truth
Less options = more choices

3 Likes

we knew this, it was said during the q&a

Might’ve missed that one, how long their usually are and how reliable are they exactly?

I always have parachutes… anyone should. Basically unless you are Stevie Wonder, the amount of daze/knockoff is minimal… so that one doesnt really interest me. Oh look… water… Ill run over it instead of around it. Water walking without having to change out my Dark Iron Ram for the stupid bug! … I win!

I don’t watch the actual Q&As, but I usually check wowhead shortly after to get the cliff notes version. This is where I first saw info about the mount equipment and water strider changes about a week ago:

There have been several follow up articles:

Not PTR notes, but the bolded part of what was quoted to you is where it was said.

Well i did check out all 3 of them… Then atfer that, i reread the last part of the previous quote i qutoed few posts ago again.

with the benefit of making all of that character’s mounts walk on water.

Which suggests it’s a deliberate decision to make it an “One for all socket” (and that i did misread something admittedly). Which, while i’m glad it’s cleared up even more and i’m glad that i’m better educated to make a better opinion, my problem is still the results.

Truth be told, while i did misread that, and didn’t take the time to absorb it the first time and i apologize, i still want Blizzard to improve on the mount equipment and make it individually socket-able per mount (or according to Sincubus

)

…rather then this one for all, all for one character sort of thing before live, but according to their track record, it might not be possible, hence why it’s just disappointing to me. :neutral_face:

How does this stuff work anyway?

Do you need a piece of equipment for each mount? Is there only one slot for all mounts so you can’t have different pieces of equipment on different mounts? Does each character have to have their own equipment?

Which just further tells me its not actually a system for us and having more choices, its about them and limiting down the choices. Mark my words they will remove potions and barding soon enough. They have tried before.

6 Likes

It’s one slot per character. The slot is unlocked at level 100 and then all characters 20 or higher will get it. The item you put in the slot is a BoA consumable that will apply to all mounts for the character that uses it. The items that have been revealed so far are water walking, anti daze, and increased mount speed. Each character 20 or higher can have one of those effects on all mounts.

Its a one for all type of setup. Your mount page has a single space for an equipment that apply whenever you summon a mount.

I would prefer one equipment per mount.

2 Likes

OK. thanks

:slight_smile:

Exactly. Hoofplates, bardings and stirrups are already only usable in Kul Tiras and Zandalar, so Blizzard is already counting on the fact that they won’t be usable in the new 8.2 zones much less in the next expansion. It’s pretty much a given that we won’t get new craftable replacements since now we have this mount system replacement.

1 Like

must be, i just confirmed it by testing on live and the ptr

Because it has never been about giving player options… It is about them being able to eventually control our options. And you’re right it is lazy, but then they’re lazy.

4 Likes

Fall damage has always made the water strider lose its water walking ability… any damage has made it lose its ability… Normally you also have to get on dry land to and remount the strider to get the ability back. I’ve never known it to be any different. I saw your other thread (not sure where it went) and tested it… My strider goes under water on fall damage on live.

That’s exactly what they showed in the official Blizzard video previewing 8.2 features actually.
One socket per character, super lazy and boring.

That is incorrect. Only damage dealt by enemies broke the Water Strider water walking. It was unique to the mount as all other forms of water walking break on any damage.
Before it got nerfed it could actually regain the water walking effect after leaving combat, which was really cool for the short time it was active.

2 Likes

Then they changed it a while ago… would you like me to post my video capture of falling causing me to go through water?

Here I uploaded it so you can see… this is on live within the last hour or so.

I think they need add slots for mounts lol I was going pet oops

I mean it be awesome to allow rogue to sleath with they mounts

As far as I’m concerned, if they change the ability of a mount that took 2 to 3 months for me to farm for, I’m going to speak with my wallet. I’ve already cancelled my subscription and will only renew if they change their policy on this. I urge everyone else to do the same.

1 Like