Most races are misrepresented

Most playable races at that, I feel like allied races are handled well. But for races like Tauren, humans, orcs, night elves, Draenei, gnomes, dwarves, Blood elves possibly, Pandaren Definetly.

Tauren trolls and Orcs Need to go back to being more about Brothers in arms fighting for survival as opposed to whatever it is now. Tauren desperately needs more characters like Lasan.

Night elves needs to be savage and cunning to some extent, Think amazons (NOT DC amazons but just you know Strong warriors, big thighs etc, yes abit sexualised there on the side but its like still fierce, but beautiful) mixed with some cunning and luring enemies into traps etc. They are also not all tree loving hippies but fierce opponents.

Draenei are unfortunately underrepresented to the point where I know too little about the race so I would say that leaves alot of room, but beside from that something to distinguish them further from the lightforged and man’ari, maybe they could be the balance in between etc, or just you know more Alien having fled so much from the legion etc might have had an impact on them to adapt to different things idk.

Would like to see more of the usual “Drink beer love guns love smithing and love beards” bit of dwarf maybe bring some wildhammer stuff in too.

Gnomes are mostly handled well I’d say. they are often not super serious. when they are they usually come across like the Manastorms etc.

I have no comment about blood elves, I think they suffer the least of the races I mentioned. They are overrepresented is my only thought. Oh and less Liadrin like characters less light stuff. And unlike their night elven counterparts (and nightborne) they are VERY VERY “Weeb kawaii desu” but that is more related to looks i guess.

Pandaren needs generally more representation as well Tushui is kinda boring tbh. As Huojin just is more like that joyous etc, more action oriented, but the tushui just feels like idk, drowsy.

4 Likes

You have no idea how much i would love that…

Liadrin and the light just swallowed the Blood Elves story whole… we got sold on mana addicted reckless elves with dubious morals…

and now we have pink hoof-less draenei…

7 Likes

You don’t think a lot of male blood elf NPCs being arguably homophobic gay stereotypes is a misrepresentation? That, and/or they sound like caricatures of haughty nobility, but that goes for the women too.

None of them sounded or acted like that in WC2/WC3. Just compare Kael’thas’ WC3 voice to his Shadowlands WoW voice. In WC3, he had a quiet huskiness to him. In Shadowlands, he sounds like WoW’s idea of a generic blood elf.

2 Likes

I think the issue was always the model itself being abit overly feminine, but it has gotten to look more muscular etc, They are homever still very Anime, but that is mostly in terms of hairstyle and facial structure. But I guess that is an elf associated trait.

Also I would shift the blame from blizzard about the Gay stereotype of blood elves onto the content creators of that era, specifically the ian beckman machinima.

and the annoying music videos too.

Yeah I can see wher you come from, Liadrin specifically was annoying in bfa because of the whole “LIGHT IS WITH US” “TASTE THE FURY OF THE LIGHT” “LIGHTS BLABLBLALBALBA”

It got pretty tiresome, instead of focusing on something more interesting like maybe Nation vs nation, Liadrin commenting about Allerias void stuff etc.