Most popular name?

So what name do people think will be the most popular? Male Night Elf hunters with some form of Legolas? Female Undead warlocks named “Moldilocks”? Any gnome named “Puntable”?

What you guys got?

1 Like

Leggylass.

2 Likes

There will be a Thex on every server.

3 Likes

Tim, of course.

Johnny

-and he is going to be awesome.

3 Likes

LEGLOOLASS SHALL RETURN!!!

PS–names like this are ok if that is your RP thing, but Legolas variants carry such a huge stigma.

Actually, on an RP server, Legolas is against RP rules.

Obviously Leeroyjenkins

2 Likes

Even if that is exactly how you’re RP-ing?

Today, I learned.

You cannot use names from existing products, including Blizzard products.

Examples of common unacceptable or disruptive RP names include (but are not limited to):

• Non-medieval or non-fantasy names (For example: Slipnslide, Robotman, Technotron)
  • Names that reference well known people, characters, brands, places, or icons (For example: Britneyspears, Austinpowers, Mcdonalds, Georgewashington, Newyork)
  • Names that consist of multiple words (For example: Inyourface, Welovebeef, Howareyou, Sixtyseventy)
1 Like

I remember when Wrath launched. I played on Moon Guard at the time.

There were soooo many Blood Elf death knights named some variation of “Sephiroth.”

Sepphiroth
Sephirot
Sephirotth

And on and on and on…

1 Like

The most common fantasy character names will be taken on spot. Although I think asmongold and swifty will be taken quicker than anything else.

What about a Gnome named Edible? Said Gnome had terrible parents…

1 Like

I laughed so hard, because I know someone who did this.

1 Like

Orc Warriors named Garrosh, Grom or Hellscream
Human Paladins named Uther and Arthas
Orc Shamans named Thrall
Night Elf hunters named Legolas
Dwarf Warriors named Gimli

Thinking about making a bear tank and calling him Fegelbear

My Dwarven Rogue named “Tomorrow” had a forced name change about 2 weeks into original WoW Launch on Argent Dawn RP Server :frowning:

john… duh

“Tomorrow” looks like it could be an actual name. I’ve met people named October, and Sky, and Tuesday, I don’t see anything wrong with “Tomorrow”

I hope people aren’t as picky as they were back in the early days. A lot of people have word names, as long as it’s not some futuristic name.

1 Like

There aren’t many servers. Many names will be taken on every server, especially after the game goes live and the character limit goes way up.

Which name will have the most level 60s?

In retail, somewhat contrary to popular opinion, I think the most popular names for max-level characters tend to be either (1) common real-world names or (2) abstract concepts that are tough, edgy, or somehow game-related.

E.g., “Death” is a very popular name, with 25 level 120s per the worldofwarcraft dot com search. There are 22 level 120 "Steven"s. 20 level 120 "Rage"s.

Popular fantasy-ripoff names often don’t get to max level. E.g. there are only 15 level 120 “Daenerys.” Some fantasy-based names must’ve either been blocked by Blizzard at some point or someone is doing a great job of hording them with level 1s. E.g. there is no 120 “Gimli”; the highest is level 110. Only 1 level 120 “Legolas.”

Same goes for joke names, e.g. “Anklebiter” (11 120s), “Frostitute” (10 120s), “Holycow” (8 120s).

The Classic dynamic will be different of course. People will try to make “Xxlegolasxx” just because it has become a meme. Still, my bet is that “Death” is the #1 level 60 name.