More Transmog Flexibility with Legion Artifacts in Shadowlands

With this week’s update to the Shadowlands Beta, players will have new options and availability for transmogrification of their Legion Artifacts.

Now, Legion Artifact appearances for all specs of your class are now available in their respective weapon categories. For example, Doomhammer will be found in “One-handed maces”.

The new Artifact appearances obey the usual transmogrification rules. For example, you can use the Ashbringer appearance on your two-handed mace, but not on a one-hand shield. Main-hand and off-hand Artifact appearances are granted independently in these tabs, so you can use Oathseeker appearances independently from Truthguard ones.

Now, a long as you possess the required proficiencies, there are no restrictions on duplicate appearances, and there are no restrictions on which hand they can be used in. For example, you can dual-wield Doomhammers or even Fury of the Stonemothers.

The existing transmogrification system for Legion Artifacts is entirely retained – the “Artifact Pair” tab still contains your spec-specific appearances, and you can still use the special rules allowing you to apply them over most other weapon types and combinations.

We look forward to hearing what you think of it after you’ve tried it out!

44 Likes

Awesome news!

2 Likes

Thank you Blizz <3

I am all for more transmog options this is amazing news! Thank you.

So you can continue to use the Holy Paladin mace despite using 1h+shield?
That interaction works in BFA and seems to fall under

But that is a special adherence due to spec, meaning a Protection Paladin can not use the same appearance?

So the change here is that Retribution paladins can now transmog to either Ashbringer or the Holy Paladin artifact, but that will not be a functionality afforded to the Holy Spec as well unless they find some appropriate 2 hander?

Sorry, seems really confusing for them for some reason haha

3 Likes

that is exactly what it implies :slight_smile:

personally, im ready to nunchuck some fools!

Any chance we can have the Balance of Power requirement for the one row of the artifact weapon appearances be account wide rather than per character? It’s incredibly tedious to have to do it several times on multiple characters, especially considering it takes a few weeks to complete because of the time-gating in some of the quests in the long quest line. (I’m taking about the first appearance of the row which requires the long quest-line to complete to unlock it, not the 3 following it)

18 Likes

Holy paladin can now use prots artifact appearance.

Prot is the one who gets shafted here as ret/holy use 2H artifact appearances.

Great change! Really looking forward to this especially on specs like my enhancement shaman alt! Two things tho:

• I’m confused why the legion spec specific tab is staying. It’s kinda clanky as is and just feels redundant now.
  • Any chance you could include colour options that aren’t unlocked yet in the regular tab? One of the pains about legion artifacts is knowing you have stuff uncollected but if you want to see what, having to either a) go to a website like wowhead or b) going to your bank, equipping the item, going to your old class hall and checking the appearance machine
5 Likes

Thank you for allowing single minded fury dual prot flails. is awesome

2 Likes

Cant wait to get off Work and Log into the beta. Time to run around Bastion with the windrunner bow on my BM hunter!

4 Likes

I found it - it’s not clear from the description, but you do not go to the “Legion Artifacts” to find these transmogs, they’re just in the normal weapon selection.

Thank you.

I submitted a bug report on the beta, but the Shaman’s off-hand one-handed axe that goes with Doomhammer isn’t showing up in the tabs. Yet the other off-hand one-handed mace does. Please fix bec that one-hand axe is amazing!!! Thanks!

4 Likes

This is cool. I’ve found two potential issues on the beta, though.

1. You can transmog the main-hand part of the Guardian fist weapon on to a one hander, but you can’t transmog your held-in-off-hand item to the off-hand part of the Guardian fist weapon. Is that intended?
  2. Right-clicking on an appearance to choose one of the recolors in the radio button list doesn’t seem to work for me.

Thanks so much for this, though! I love it!

Is there some reasonable objection to simply expanding everyone’s Legion Artifacts category in tragsmog to the whole class instead of just the specialization and just letting players continue to use them over any weapon type?

Like uhh… is it possible that some blood elf running at me with an Ashbringer but then throwing an Avenger’s Shield at me in World PvP is going to give me an aneurysm? I can’t imagine so. But, on the plus side, some pallies might have an absolute blast getting to tank with a 2H appearance.

:heart: Fun.

1 Like

Hi these are great! Can we please get an eyeliner/fingernail polish option added my cast of characters named Franklero, Raytoro, Mikeyway, and Matpelissier have been missing this option for quite sometime now. Thanks.

this is great. now can we please add daggers to the rest of the 1 handers. especially since for some reason you’ve decided wands can become daggers.

i miss the old dagger in one hand sword in the other so much. with all the changes i thought this may finally become the time to get to do that again.

4 Likes

The legion tab is staying I believe because weapons used from the tab pretty much bypasses the rules for weapons like the Holy Paladin artifact.

While you’re at it, would you consider lowering the barriers to entry for some of the “special” appearance unlocks, particularly the ones that require rated PvP and Mythic+ dungeons?

As it stands, Artifact appearances are the only transmog from previous expansions that requires you to do current content to unlock them.

I feel bad for all the druids who want the purple tiger form and still can’t get it an entire expansion later.

Great change! Thank you.