More advanced harvesting to render bots useless

I’d rather see more proactive than reactive bot handling, but I am also fully aware that you can’t hire people to just run in circles looking for bots.
That said, I don’t think a capcha is how you approach the issue.

While I still think something is better than nothing, you need to make sure you aren’t putting some actual players completely out of the gathering professions. Some people just don’t have the reflexes or dexterity for this type of thing. Adding these types of things could make disabled players feel singled out and excluded.

Not only that, but have you seen some of the leveling bots? Even as far back as TBC, I remember seeing bots that could run to a quest NPC, accept quests, move to the quest area, target mobs, cast spells, loot when it was dead, and go turn it in. I’m pretty sure they can figure out how to solve puzzles, and it really only depends on how profitable the market is. If this catches the most basic bots, the prices for things go up, and they might be right back in business as the economy picks back up.

On a side note, I do see bots skinning, but the only ones I’ve seen lately are farming fast spawning beasts.

I also reported an RMT Gear Boost ad on Petopia last night. It must be profitable if they are brave enough to advertise RMT out in the open like that.

1 Like