MoP Timewalking dungeons are overtuned

I just did a time walking with my mates and it was really hard. I am very strong and it was hard

2 Likes

Wow, especially Mogu’shan Palace!! That place is insane. Blizzard please fix.

3 Likes

I’m glad it’s challenging… I farmed out a bis healing, tank, and dps set just for this event.

They are annoying really and I don’t enjoy them that much, even though it’s TW and I love TW. MoP TW I dislike the most, too much RP, weird bosses, and they are boring as tanking. That said, I prefer to be fury using shadowmourne. I’ll tank if the queues are really long for dps, 10+ minutes, but at item level 116 (which cata tw is 114), it’s kind of a drag. MoP TW dungeons were mostly easy except some trash in Mogu’shan palace and the last 2 bosses.

They are rather overtuned since a twink tank like me is getting hurt more than I used to; dependent on healer and what gear I use, but…still taking a bit more than I remember.

Wish the RP was skippable, like Wise speaker Mari and the library fight.

back then dungeons were hard and players whined less.

now players are soft.

4 Likes

Heavens forbid something take the slightest bit of effort. Timewalking is not hard bro. It’s just not. You are too acclimated to mobs falling down at the sight of you.

the quickest way to ruin any type of content is to put a queue on it. Case in point. People gonna pout for nerfs until it’s as basic as a Disney movie

1 Like

Pretty sure some of the bosses like COmmander Vo’jak are bugging out tho–like sap not appearing where it’s supposed to, or building up to 20 stacks of haste despite running him thru the tar. Not just “it’s hard, plz nerf,” but rather “not working as designed.”

1 Like

Commander Vo’Jak in Niuzao Temple is disgusting. It’s like no one at Blizzard actually tried this fight. It’s absurd how ridiculous this fight is. Between him spamming his spin nonstop, to his defense being outrageous. He’s shredding my guild group and we are geared for it.

I did them on a 422 alt and basically speed ran the whole time pulling 3-5 packs at a time, often into bosses. We died once, when I accidentally locked the healer out of the room.

I don’t think they are overturned, but they are harder than normal heroics, which checks out since they offer 425 loot instead of 415.

Commander Vo’Jak in Niuzao Temple is disgusting… He’s shredding my guild group and we are geared for it.

Vo’Jak is the hardest MoP TW boss, and he’s probably harder than Blizzard intends him to be. To beat him you have to use tar puddles. Back in MoP you didn’t have to this as heroics were a bit undertuned then (Challenge mode would have been another story though).

So save some Tar blobs for the boss, toss them around the edge of the room so you alway have one puddle up. Get the boss to run through them as this removes his haste buff. Also try and tank him standing in the puddle as this causes him to take more damage. If you accidentally get the tar debuff on you you need the healer to dispel it.

But you can’t really be geared for it, unless you mean wearing MoP gear with gem slots and using Legion legendaries. But this would actually make little difference overall.

I think ilevel and stat squishes have left MoP TW dungeons tuned a bit harder than they should be overall, but they still aren’t that hard.

1 Like

If people knew how to do the CM strat for this boss, it would be easy. However, everyone seems to think lobbing endless amounts of tar is going to be effective. I don’t think the boss is overtuned, I think the people doing the instance just don’t know how to adjust based on the mechanics of the fight. Everyone is used to tank/spank dungeons.

1 Like

except MoP dungeons were actually a lot easier than cata/wrath/bc dungeons if youre considering progression noobs / during that expansion

1 Like

its not harder. it literally just takes 3 times as long as usal to kill mobs. not harder just more tedious.

1 Like

the gems and legion legendaries makes a big difference compared to a lot of people who do TW, most aren’t in full azerite gear and corruption gear barely procs for most of the people who use it.

Gems and such makes for faster bigger pulls and faster runs. Most aren’t geared for TW and are just using heirlooms or some random quest gear or old dungeon gear.

If you stand behind a puddle and have him stand in it, he can get up to 20 stacks and dies fairly fast. When he jumps and spins away, just stay where you are as a tank and refresh the sap pools if it goes away.

1 Like

TW used to be fast and easy and now a days it is a slog fest.