MoP CM sets and Legion Mage Tower appearances should be in the trading post- but with a costly catch

Always better than ‘later’.

2 Likes

Cuz it’d be funny since evokers wouldn’t get anything

1 Like

Absolutely not.

1 Like

I have the sets on 8 out of the 11 classes (never cared to play Pally, Mage or DK) that were out at the time and can’t use any of them on my Evoker.

Big deal.

I would very much like a new flashy set for my Evoker though.

My Druid looks pretty dope though :>

Why must it be the exact appearance? Make it a recolor and you’ll probably make more people happy. Those that got the old-school appearance get to keep the exclusivity, and those that want the appearance itself get access to that likeness. Plus I’d love for a different color of those pieces.

2 Likes

weird train of thought but okay.

1 Like

No need to stop with those. Everything removed from game should be on the post. Corrupted Ashbringer, Brawlers Guild mounts, PVP mounts/sets, CE pets, etc… Bring it all.

5 Likes

Trading post is probably the best new system that the game has had in a while that offers a great opportunity to offer rare and sought after items while simultaneously keeping the game active and alive for those who play it. There have been threads in the past asking for these items to return but their means have always been rather convoluted. Giving the opportunity to all players to earn this stuff in exchange for a large commitment of their time to the game is a double-win sum game.

Also as some other people mentioned, it’s statistically very, very likely that most people who earned the CM sets and Mage Tower weapons have long since moved on anyways. They had their fun and quit the game, so those gatekeepers clinging to their polygonal pixellated “prestige” don’t even care enough to stick around.

This works too. I’m always down for more content.

The chance to get the WoD Season 16 Elite Warrior Set would be awesome. I’d grind for that for 3 years if it took me that long ngl. Same with the Cataclysmic Gladiator’s set.

1 Like

Nah they can stay gone.

Maybe. There’s rumors Naxx 40 is coming back.

1 Like

No. Achievements and exclusivity - including cosmetic ones - are important to the game. If everyone has everything, nothing is special

There’s plenty of other cosmetics in the game - no need to be a crab in the bucket

3 Likes

Nah they shouldn’t . You could just stop trying stir crap up and tell blizz to totally add something new that’s just as awesome as them.

7 Likes

Amount of time that’s passed doesn’t matter.

It’s not either-or. The original Legion Mage Tower appearances aren’t coming back.

1 Like

This. There’s been plenty of time to develop new challenge content and new challenge rewards using new models and newer textures and newer tech that benefits everyone.

6 Likes

We’ve already seen legion weapons return scarcely in the form of the werebear appearance as well as less-visually appealing MoP CM sets via Legion Class Hall sets. Neither were met with protest. These things come back eventually, one way or another. As time goes on, Blizzard will continue to do that exact thing in new and interesting methods (hopefully not twitch drops)

if you’re gonna put mage tower weapons back in the game, just put them in the mage tower…

the current iteration of mage tower does really retain the original difficulty of mage tower on release with TOS.

hard no on putting mage tower weapons in the trading post. i agree that they should be brought back and put into the current timewalking mage tower.

well, this is quite different than the MOP cm sets because the tier 7.5 were literally EXACTLY the same as t3…there is basically no noticeable difference…

frankly, the only reason buy the t3 sets is so that they can wear a druid t3 on a monk or rogue…

if they wanted to wear the t3 on a druid, then they would just go get the t7.5 from nax 25 wotlk for free

no shot… i don’t have a problem with MOP cm sets coming back in the game, but they have to be earned via a timewalking challenge for mop dungeons…

not given out for free in the trading post…

no… hard no

i agree with this… a new player should be able to work hard and grind for old appearances such as MOP cm sets but that should come from work not being given the item for free at a trading post.

5 Likes

That’s the thing, we don’t think blizz will ever do something on that same level of class identity again. Just look at what gear looks like since BfA. We’re just going downhill.

I don’t think they could make another shaman set that looks as shaman as the one from CM, for exemple. Same for mage.

some of the new mage tower sets really hit that mark and i love the monk mage tower set, but i would like to see something new every expansion.

1 Like

Oops, I forgot about those. Even though they are recolors from the mythic tier from (ToS?), some of them look very good, even better than the originals imo.

they do, the monk set in particular i actually love.

i remember back in MOP, i was prepping my monk to tank the CMs but then looked at the monk set and i thought that i didn’t like it and would never use, so i didnt do it

when mage tower came out, i did the windwalker monk challenge, got the set, loved it and have been playing my monk ever since

1 Like