Moonkin Theorycraft; A Farewell to Classic

The latest and last update to the project that I set out on nearly 5-years ago to develop is coming to a close. With the release of Naxxramas later this week I’ve given the resource one final update to align with Phase 6.

Additionally, you may now visit the resource and more at its permanent home in the form of a GitHub site. Please utilize this resource for yourself, guild mates, or friends for any future new Balance Druids, fresh Classic servers, and/or fresh vanilla projects.

It has been an interesting ride to say the least. Please enjoy what I’ve worked tirelessly on for so long, even if it is for a unforgiving class and specialization.

https://github.com/Keftenk/ClassicBalanceDruid

9 Likes

Nost, recognize without it we wouldn’t be here. Again we are at the end without realizing why we are here in the first place.

“moonkin is viable guise! I swear!!”
and then you have to “theorycraft” the living hell out of it just to do half the DPS of a mage
lol

5 Likes

I definitely commend any and everyone who min/maxes, regardless of spec.

If you’re going to play a “meme spec,” you should at least play it well.

3 Likes

You don’t even have to TRY to be a good Mage DPS.

You have to try very hard to be a good Prot Paladin, Ret Paladin, SPriest, or Elemental Shaman.

You have to try impossibly hard to be a Moonkin or Enhance Shaman.

You can’t tell me how to live my life MOM! I’m gonna be somebody! I’m gonna be, a Moonchickin.

Pretty much every single class out there theorycrafts the living hell out of their class and creates spreadsheets like this. You’re dumb lol

Thank you for all you’ve done. I would not have had half has much fun playing balance in classic or just playing classic in general without your work. HUGEEE ups

I didn’t know Moonkin form was added in 1.8.

This. In fact I would dare say that “meme specs” have some of the sweatiest proponents out there.

I think for a lot of the lesser specs the individuals that end up TCing them have to first learn about the classes counterparts to make a correct and good approach at educating themselves about said spec.

For instance, in my journey in understanding Balance Druid I had to also dive into Warlock, Mage, Fire Warlock even, Smite Priest, Shadow Priest, even Elemental Shaman.

I believe it not only gave me a clearer “big picture” but the math ended up a lot more consistent across the board.

Imagine thinking that a programmer overturning your class says anything about your value as a person.

Well other then you like having all your results handed to you for clicking on a different pixel on the start screen.

2 Likes

From that document:

" Q: The DPS appears low, is that accurate?

A: Yes. Balance Druid won’t shock and dazzle. Our most unique fight opportunities come with Chromaggus’s Arcane Invulnerability shimmer which is 400% more damage taken and Loatheb’s Fungal Bloom buff which should give you a permanent 100% Critical chance to Starfire, reducing its spell cast permanently to 2.5 seconds."

Talk about burying the lede…

I mean. It is very possible to pull 1k+ DPS on many fights “consistently”, but you need to be in autist guilds. Otherwise, the casual normal player will only see these fights as their shining glory fights :\

because blizzard created the game in the heavens before the earth took shape

Is GnomeJesus coming back?