Moonkin-less Balance? O.o [Dragonflight]

Heyo so with moonkin form being a option in the druid class tree I’m curious if anyone other balance druid are planning on skipping it? O.o

Moonkin form has been right next to shadowform with a lot of people disliking it and its glyph so with it now being passable I myself would like to go into balance and try it out without it. I think this could be viable too cause the point not put into the form can go elsewhere (thus a pro to skipping it) and means any balance druid who does so, wont have to deal with 2 gcds before doing whatever action they want.

I’m super curious how they are gonna change up the balance and general class tree. I’m hoping they de-link moonkin form everything that’s locked behind it too. Making it even more optional than it already seems to be.

You would be giving up 10% bonus damage from form, hibernate utility, 6 yards of range from astral influence and Typhoon by not taking the moonkin node path.

I doubt the general class tree is gonna get changed, just the balance tree at some point.

2 Likes

There’s not a single point that would offset the absolute major disadvantage to not taking it.

No.

1 Like

Fair perspectives.

is it major though?? I think that remains to be seen. There’s def cons to NOT taking it, but the pro of putting the points elsewhere isn’t necessarily bad. The purpose of the trees is indeed to encourage different builds and ways to play. Annnnnd you do get new meta from off meta.

I’m just saying that with these new trees, trying stuff (even questionable things) shouldn’t be so outright dismissed lol.

It should be outright dismissed when it’s the form, the druid staple, that is made and coincides with balance.

It gives immunity to polymorph, it gives pretty substantial armor, it allows owlkin frenzy procs, it gives a 10% flat spell power increase.

There’s not a single talent anywhere that is more useful. If you wanted to play balance and not take it, sure you could. But you’d be objectively worse no matter what you took as an alternative to someone else who is using the form. I’m all about off meta. I support it. But this isn’t like “I’m gonna try this ability over this other ability.” Even the spell power alone is a flat 10% less damage under any and all circumstances. That’s massive man. Not being it isn’t “not meta.” It’s just worse. In every facet.

3 Likes

Common sense would dismiss it. Meta changes come from intelligent experimention not just randomly crippling yourself for zero benefit tradeoff.

Moonkin form just needs more options. Like the chicken is cool but at least give people from druid caster options if people dont wanna play as a fat chicken. But no i dont think it should be removed, Druid is all about shapeshifting its core to the spec i am quite happy with it staying.

There no reason to skip moonkin. It’s 1 pt that gives a 10% spell dmg buff. And its not locked behind any other nodes, it’s literally the first in it’s branch.

There’s no other single point in the tree that probably gives as big a dmg boost as moonkin does. There shouldn’t ever be a meta that skips it unless somehow skipping it allows 1 pt to go somewhere else that gives crazy synergy that wouldn’t also play better with a flat 10% spell dmg boost.