Moonkin bots?

I keep seeing a group of moonkin, spamming aoe, and not sure why. XP turned off. not really affecting game play but seems like a bot.

Right click and report them then

6 Likes

Right click the portrait of one or two of them and report them of cheating if you suspect bots. That’ll alert the team responsible for handling them.

3 Likes

they are actually farming leather, gold, and drops- zandalari skinning enchant- they are doing it insanely fast. not all in the same spot. saw something similar on alliance. I did report them

1 Like

You are probably quite right,

Excellent, thanks for the report.

1 Like

Right click report anyone you think is a bot.

On that note though, I really hope Blizzard starts training its GMs better in how to review these reports because I am seeing GMs that don’t know how to tell the difference between a true bot and a multiboxer.

From what I understand, the GMs don’t do that part of the investigation, Blizzard has a dedicated team for dealing with botting/hacking and exploits. That being said, multiboxing is fine, but the tools they use can be abused and used by botters. If a multiboxer gets tagged, it usually them using the toolset in a way that flags the system.

2 Likes

there needs to be more flexibility in reporting as well. So even if these are multiboxers, when theres enough of them all working together to close down quest areas especially if its horde druids shutting down an alliance storyline, there needs to be a way of reporting that as well. Its not “spamming” its not a “name” violation and its technically not “cheating” - so they can close down a leveling zone and face no penalty?

I have been reporting these horde druids an alternative i’d be thrilled with is some way of sending people back to their own server, as a saurfang player how is it right or “fair” for my leveling to be greatly impeded by 20+ hordes each from a different server aoe spamming and greying the mobs that are quest objectives?

Multiboxing isn’t against the rules, nor is a group of characters shutting down a leveling area. If the NPC can be killed, then Blizz programmed it that way and anyone can kill it.

If they’re flagged for PVP (which killing a quest giver would do), then there’s typically a PVP solution to the issue.

Now if it went on for an extended period of time, then it may be considered Zone Disruption, but it would have to be something significant.

That’s just not how it works.

5 Likes

Thank you, Elduron. Those reports are extremely valuable for both short and long term investigations.

5 Likes