Moonfury doesn't scale properly

The druid talent Moonfury doesn’t scale properly like other class talents. I’ve made a quick example to demonstrate how it currently works and what it should be (remove the space before ‘io’):

codepen. io/beef_broccoli/pen/vYEvEJm?editors=0010

9 Likes

2 Likes

There are a few talents that have been noted that don’t scale at all… Maybe this is intentional? No idea man.

I know that in actual Vanilla Priest Renew did not scale at all, but instead only buffed the base heal amount… (crappy talent).

Maybe this is the same? I don’t know.

i was just posting his link tool for him
might want to respond to the OP, i am not sure myself

I thought I just responded to the thread…

no worries, i do it to sometimes
Its the bigger reply button at bottom

Nice simulation. This is certainly something the druid community would like someone to take a hard look at!

I’m not holding my breath on this one.

I have noticed the same thing. Hopefully we can get some clarification. The tool tip makes it look like it should scale.

If moonfury works similar to all other talents that increase specific things, the base is applied prior to gear. Only buffs that give effects are gear are the general % increases to overall schools of magic or flat % increases. We have archieves of posts made between 1.9.x and 1.12.x proving that.

Working as intended? Would love if boomkin became semi more viable!

most likely because it scales with the base damage of wrath, moonfire, and staefire and does not include spell power bonuses, much like imp rejuv and gift of nature.

1 Like

It already is “viable” but sadly it only becomes viable when the player can perform well, while providing utility. Here is my guild’s main raid Boomkin.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/netherwind/qwabble

You can also just search Qwabble-Netherwind. He does put alot of work into it which makes it as viable as it is. Now of course his dps will suffer in the upcoming BWL because of fight length. Meme specs only become viable when you put a ton of effort into them sadly but it’s the price you pay for your raid spot.

Now of course this could be different based on how important clearing the raids timely and effective are to your guild.

In my own personal opinion, if you can parse above 70% on every fight with a meme spec no one should ever question you.

They are certainly viable but I get your point.

Indeed, people don’t realise the amount of work put into reaching these milestones greatly overshadows the “efforts” of a fury warrior. And these meme spec players are actually the hardcore ones.

Can we get fixes to hunter scaling then as well?

I mean boomkin pass hunter dps in naxx gear and hunters are a pure dps class…

Ok but the opposite is also true, if you cant parse above a 50% average on a meme spec you’re just a burden tbh. Shouldn’t be required for being carried even if the content currently is face roll.

You truly need to fail, like going afk every 3 seconds types of failing to not meet the required dps to kill a boss. You need to truly go out of your way to be a burden in a 15year old game.

+1 To this. Really hoping it gets fixed!

Please Blizzard fix this! It would make all Moonkins extremely happy