[Monk/WW] Helpless & Abandoned | Feedback+Rant

I’m not a big monk player. But I really liked it when ww could stun in first of fury

4 Likes

#DeleteSEF

Monks in Shadowlands right now.

put SEF on the talent tree and give us WDP baseline! please and thanks.

Update: It appears that things are changing, at the very least on the PTR. This does have me a bit somewhat hopeful that we’ll end up seeing more when the beta build drops later but I suppose we’ll see the answer to that later.

Fixed dates are based on discovery date, actual date may be off by a few days

A while ago on the beta RSK had it’s leveling passive removed, what this passive did was provide the ability 70% more damage. Since it’s removal that damage has yet to be baked into the ability itself and has left it in a state where it might as well just be taken off your bars, especially if you’re not running Whirling Dragon Punch. Fixed: September 22nd

Energizing Elixir, ever since it was placed on the GCD going into BFA it has only resulted in the talent seeing no real use, the single biggest thing that would save this talent would be to revoke the GCD change that happened during the GCD-apocalypse of BFA. Fixed: September 23rd

Spinning Crane Kick is capped at 6 targets but the core mechanic behind it (Mark of the Crane) is capped at 5 targets. The two caps don’t line up and it makes less sense. Would be better if the marks were brought up to match the target cap of SCK, so 6 stacks being the cap. Fixed: September 23rd

I don’t think I should be holding my breath for the update notes, but I am.

Hold your breath!

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-monk-class-changes/490702/674?u=kariyali-area-52

Go windwalkers, go!

1 Like

“We’re also aware of many bugs related to Storm, Earth and Fire, particularly in relation to other spells. We’re making every effort to improve the reliability of this ability.”

I’m happy with the update today but I really hope if they can’t improve the reliability of SEF that they just remove it.

1 Like

I actually thought they might give mw some help for raids.

While the rest of the post is basically a 10/10 (obviously would love to see more), and an unbelievable step in a good direction.

I can’t say I necessarily enjoy the SEF part. Its nice that there is confirmation that its being looked into, but we also had them say practically that same thing in 7.1.5.

That said it may very well be different this time around, it might be receiving some under-the-hood changes that will improve the reliability of it and even future-proof it so we don’t see these issues spring back up in 9.1. Who really knows right now.

I’m hoping for the best in regards to it though, its a neat thematic ability that is just plagued with issues every patch.

2 Likes

What are you sayin? I shouldn’t be maining a monk this go around?!

Just read through it, so happy!

:pray: Few smaller tweaks to ToD in my opinion and the class will be in a lovely spot.

1 Like

The spec, not the class. Mistweavers still need love.

Responding to the wrong person?

We’re also aware of many bugs related to Storm, Earth and Fire, particularly in relation to other spells. We’re making every effort to improve the reliability of this ability.

A problem I have with this is that it makes it seem as though they’re just going to do the traditional current bug fixes to the spell. Which is fine, except that it happens practically every patch. Please let this mean more background changes so this ceases to be such a common occurrence.

Also concerned that it’s just going to stop at not being reduced, and instead do nothing. You look at serenity and how it buffs things (because it’s a normal cooldown), then you look at SEF… which either nerfs you, buffs you, or does literally nothing when it comes to certain things.

An example for this being things like chi burst or eye of the tiger, you don’t lose damage while SEF is active, but you also don’t gain any damage either. If it did 100 damage before, it does 100 damage after you pop your main cooldown. Something which just hurts the value of the cooldown over time as more and more things are just ignored.

It needs to just be a traditional +35% damage cooldown for things not copied, left the same for things that are copied, and needs to be designed in a way that we don’t suffer when Blizzard forgets the spell has… issues when it comes to things in general.

:thinking: You should main what you want to main :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

he-he, monks.

Like 4 people play Monk so it’s not a surprise that Blizzard doesn’t even know they exist.

You can’t tell that to an altoholic :frowning: we end up trying to main everything.

Should the silence continue, it may be less than us four :frowning:

1 Like

I used to love monk in MOP it was so much fun. its such a mess now and blizzard seems to have given up.

One Post on SL forums and no changes that were asked for GGWP

2 Likes