Monks: the buggiest class abandoned by blizz

They’re also fine first tier, with how scaling is for WW, they drop off a cliff compared to other classes / specs once everyone gets gear. The time they were decent, that is for the first time above middle of the pack is the time they got hard +15% buffs to everything going from Tomb to Antorus.

3 Likes

are we still in legion?

Design wise, yes. They haven’t changed.

1 Like

To be fair… monks currently on live have multiple bugs affecting their gameplay. Monks also had multiple bugs via azerite armor traits that had to be either nerfed or buffed to prevent degenerate play. They’re also the only spec where one of your defensives… is actually used as an offensive ability.

While I’m happy to give Bliz the chance to correct some of these bugs (bugs that I noticed within 10 minutes of playing on beta)… I wouldn’t be surprised if they made it to live.

Did you know that the night fae stomp ability (probably the coolest ability in the game) can only hit a target once? Even though it resets frequently? You can hit it again and again and again, and it’ll only register the hit on the mob the first time you use it. Iunno how that STILL hasn’t been fixed. Not to mention the fact that it also doesn’t work with our mastery as it doesn’t count as one of the abilities that’s “different.”

9 Likes

What thread, I don’t have alpha access but I’d take a look if you provide a link.

Blame Craptivison not Blizzard. Atleast they cared and you could talk to GM’s in-game before that hotfix.

/snickers

Look I get that this is a general discussion thread but, so far all I see are tears and salt about a bug that literally will get fixed. They aren’t in the beta stage. Everything, the entire expansion is subject to changes into 2021. Calm yourself floofiness, a fix is coming.

SoonTM

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-monk-class-changes

Have fun.

We have bugs now in LIVE that weren’t fixed from Legion. You should come experience them yourself.

This is beta?

Yeah, if there’s any hope its probably 9.1 or 9.2.

5 Likes

I guess their point is… right now… if you play a monk right now in BfA, you will encounter bugs. There are points in the rotation where fist of fury and rising sun kick are both clearly on cooldown, but for some reason… you can’t use your whirling dragon punch. Even though the only prerequisite to use it is… having FoF and RSK on cooldown. That bug has been there… for a looooong time.

Or… how about the bug where if you perfectly time your WDP or RSK to hit within the last 0.2 seconds of storm, earth, and fire… they randomly do like 3x the damage?

These are bugs that WW players encounter right now. In BfA. So while I’m not a fan of “sky is falling” attitudes about such things… I don’t think they’re crying when they’re pointing out the obvious bugs that are currently present right now in beta (they are in the beta stage now). Bugs that have been reported since the start.

8 Likes

I was in jail for a few months so I thought it was still in alpha.

This isn’t wrong and I understand the perspective.

Fair enough. I concede.

3 Likes

I have a question regarding monks. (and bug for that matter)

I have an alt monk and I’ve noticed that, in WM, after using open palm strike on an NPC (have not PvPed), I can’t get out of combat instantly. This doesn’t happen with other spells.
Not sure if its just me. Is this happening to anyone else?

WW is insane in PvP.

1 Like

It does, with Fists of Fury too, you tend to be stuck in combat up to 8 seconds after it ends. This bug existed for years.

3 Likes

Damn I guess it won’t be fixed anytime soon.

And thx, it was fists of fury. Got mixed up with that azerite talent name.

I find the general gameplay of current WW enjoyable and would like main it, but they really need to fix the bugs and scaling.

It would also be nice to see Touch of Karma reworked, as well as WDP made baseline to allow those who hate SEF to be able to use serenity.

Not a revamp; just scaling, tuning, a few small tweaks, and bug fixes that should have happened years ago.

In BFA they have always immediately nerfed anything good for WW/MW (sometimes necessary) while doing nothing with the scaling.

5 Likes

Ppl play WW :face_with_monocle:

I RETURN! THE FORUM BUG HAS BEEN DEFEATED… at least on my end.

But, I agree. Buff my monk so that he may become even more of a monster in PvP.

Hey remember when aff lock had a talent that was a dps decrease over taking no talent at all for almost an entire expansion? And people talked about it all beta, and a bunch of people like you were saying “LOOLLLLL it’s just beta bro, this’ll never go live this way”

4 Likes

I wonder if there’s a team lead developer assigned to every class and if there is, why haven’t we seen them interacting with the class forums? If there’s not one, why isn’t there one for each class?

7 Likes

I’m not the biggest fan of ISB. It kind of feels nice to always have a button to press, and it’s interesting muscle memory to hit the key every few seconds, but functionally you’re just maintaining a buff forever.

From my understanding on the beta, you’re basically now just mashing Purify on CD to buff up Celestial. There’s no real thought on it. At least BFA has that thought process of “when do I want to purify?” Dumbing it down further is not fun :confused:

That’s all it was in practice, yeah. I just liked having another button to press while everything else was on the GCD.

That does seem to be the case.

1 Like