Monk squishiness?

Is monk the most squishy of all class?
Yesterday been doing SS as healer (tried melee heal and range heal) and as soon as im the main target, my hp drops so fast. After i use all my cd im pretty much dead. Even on evoker i dont feel as much squishy and usually survive enough to discourage enemies from attacking me… just wondering, maybe i just lack experience with monk…

We’re pretty squishy toe to toe with a plate melee class.

Thankfully we have a lot of cc cooldowns like paralysis, ring of peace, and leg sweep. If you stagger those and then roll away you can pretty much always have some kind of way to get away from melee. (Cooldowns are like 30s/45s/1m respectively, I play a pandaren so I get one more every 2m with quaking palm)

You also have roll and tigers lust to help you escape.

Can also take chi torpedo if you feel like you’re constantly on the move.

A macro I use to self heal quick
/castsequence reset=15 expel harm, chi wave
And then you can follow that with an instant vivify if it’s off cd.

If that crits you can heal like 40% of your go for almost no cost to your other abilities.

1 Like

Shenanigans, zero way you’re getting 40% of your health with what you just described.

Maybe 35% but it’s not nothing.

It’s base 120% attack power

First talent improves healing 5%

Two talents here improve overall healing received by an additional 16%

Crit % up by 15% and then crit healing up by 50%

Not implausible at all

Then add chi wave 42% x 3 or 4 (126-168%) bounces base healing.

Plus 16% from overall healing talents.

That all adds up, I’ve got about 215k hp and popping those two next to eachother does some pretty significant healing.

Expel harm with pvp activated gear (highest possible ilvl and vers) is about 17k health base with all general talents (not pvp one) with the 16% increased healing.
Viv is currently 18k.

You’re not getting close to 35% with that.

I didn’t say it heals for 35% by itself, neither do a ton by themselves but in single target chi wave plus expel harm do decent self healing.

Again, you’re not reaching that high with that combo.