Monk and caster nerfs incoming

If they over-nerf stuff, people complain that they’ve “Gutted” your spec.

If they do small tuning adjustments like these, people complain that it’s not enough.

Why don’t we see how these adjustments affect gameplay before we complain about what a lackluster job the pvp devs are doing?

Good grief.

8 Likes

Agreed. Still a long long time before Blizzcon this year which is essentially the arena end game. Small tuning passes every couple weeks is a better method. +1

3 Likes

Guess what Ele shamans are supposed to do outside of stormkeeper???

Hex, Lasso, offheal, ground things, tremor things, purge… You know… useful spells.

by the way, those are all threatening spells, just not in the neanderthal sense of things.

2 Likes
2 Likes

No you dont. You can use vivify. Learn the class before you complain. Vivify with renewing on a target is by far more cost efficient vs every rot cleave because you stack mastery as a MW.

1 Like

Who is complaining? I also play a MW…

Of course you run the renewing honor talent and use vivify vs wizard cleaves. It doesn’t take away the usefulness of surging and that you take it 99.9% of the time.

this is pretty much how I feel about it too.
even the 3 weeks they left us before this one patch is unnaceptable, not to mention the ~5 patchless/hotfixless months of 8.0

2 Likes

I mean sure you deal some less dmg with crane, but right now crane tops everyone around the MW back to 100% with 1 RSK which probably overheals.
Nerfing healing and damage “a bit” will make it so it heals what? 80%? 70% of a person’s health? Does that even change anything?
Surging Mists mana cost and healing reduction was ok I guess, but you’ll still take it.
I guess now they can go oom

1 Like

I think these are reasonable nerfs that don’t dumpster any of the 3 specs in question

Icefury is also insane and I welcome the idea that shamans will be able to spread their damage out better rather than that 1 min burst combo being it for the spec

2 Likes

I think the damage and healing combined being nerfed is prolly way less healing, so maybe 2-3 globals instead of one to top with WoTC prolly.

~30% reduction in HPS @dillon

Never seen this guy cry as much about any other broken class…

6 Likes

I’ve made plenty of posts about other specs including my own when something happens to be over the top actually. I’m not even that upset in general compred to how much I was posting it’s just a lot of MWs were unable to understand what made them super strong.

I also don’t really care about a spec being T1 or not, I pmuch only post if it’s just a spec either being low counterplay or super oppressive.

3 Likes

Pretty decent changes.

Hopefully they do more fixes more often in season 2. Even if they have one random bad doing 1% tweaks every week…

The fact that they made such sweeping changes in 8.1 and then just left it so long is really unforgivable.

Increase Cocoon CD next thanks.

Wow so basically a ghetto resto shaman

Btw resto shamans hit harder with lava burst and have an increased lava surge proc chance.

Your whole post says, Lasso

1 Like

Are you trolling?

1. yeah… an ele shaman is a hybrid… not a healer

2. Yeah… because that’s the only ONLY burst Rshamans have… Imagine an Rshaman hitting you for 40k with an earthshock, can they do that?

3. No, read it again.

1 Like

No you don’t. There’s no reason to take it against caster cleaves.

Okay chief.

Vs double melee we use surge. Against double caster we dont need it. We just take chrysalis, wotc and counteract