Monk a good main?

Trying to decide on my main. I currently have a 120 monk, Druid, and pally. I enjoy healing a lot, but suck at healing in the Paladin, and I find ret terribly boring. Therefore, I’ve broken it down to monk or Druid.

I really enjoy both and am having a heckuva time deciding between them. Life has gotten busier so I’ll have to focus on one. Druid has a lot going for it as far as QoL goes, but I find monk close behind. Plus, I’m always drawn to the least played classes.

My biggest focus is m+ and occasionally pvping.

I’ll main as a healer, but want a fun 2nd spec. WW looking okay?

Here you go

https. ://www.wowhead.com/news=317117/windwalker-monk-state-on-shadowlands-beta-covenant-abilities-legendaries-spec-co

just dont go windwalker. its a fun spec, but it just doesnt have the tools like other specs do. its filled with bugs and gameplay issues. rotationally its very fun, but it just cannot compete at a higher level. WW in BFA has been in the dumps the entire time.

8 Likes

I’d take WW over Ret/Feral for pretty much any aspect of the game other than raiding, and it’s not like Feral or Ret are particularly good at that either.

1 Like

Druids are generally better healers than monks. But Mistweaver are very easy and resto druids are harder to play.

Monks are generally better tanks than Druid, but Guardian druids are very easy and Brewmaster are harder to play.

For DPS Boomkins are usually in a better spot than WW or Feral.

If i were going to ‘main’ a healer, it would hands down be a resto druid. It’s super powerful and lots of fun. My main issue with druid is that all their other specs are pretty boring, and I much prefer monk from a “fun” factor for tanking and dps.

If this is the case monk will be a solid choice, as we have had more good pvp seasons than we have had bad ones.

I’ve gotten keystone master on both in previous seasons for healing. You’ll go OOM allot quicker on the Druid then the Monk. Both are fun and easy to play. I stuck with the monk because I enjoy the other specs more. If all your looking to do is heal I’d go with Druid though.

I find WW super fun to play and mostly the reason I stick to monk and for tanks I found guardian to be the easiest of all the tanks to play but also the most boring rotation.

Ehh where do gather that?

2 Likes

Experience. Cat weaving and HoTs require a strong understanding of mechanics of a dungeon and where damage windows exist so you can be preemptive in how you play.

Mistweavers are far more suited to reactive use and have the ability to recover from mistakes better than any other healer (usually, Paladin’s are kinda broke right now) because of how fast they can pump.

1 Like

I agree. MW are pretty newbie friendly due to their high HPS. You can react and bring someone up a lot faster in oh crap scenarios.

That being said, I think rising mists definitely leaves a lot of room for good players to shine but you can be pretty effective with essence font in place of it too.

I appreciate all the replies. So, I generally play with PvP on. How does MW or WW do out in the open world? I feel on my druid that I’m pretty darn hard to kill and people get bored. Are we a free kill?

No not a free kill at all. As far as classes go, only the ones that can completely negate your karma will be tough. A pally that instantly bubbles and a mage that iceblocks will stop your karma from healing you. But still doable if you time your karma at the right time. If you are fighting a DH you will need your karma to be up, otherwise they will be hard to take down with all the self heals they have.

monk is a hard class to suggest someone main. all the specs are really up and down, the bounce from the bottom to the top and normally down to the bottom again. This is true for every monk spec and monk is the least played class for this reason i think. they are super fun to play i have an alt monk every expansion and will dabble when blizz drags them out of the gutters

1 Like

BrM has been the best progression tank for two expansions now. What are you smoking?

and where are they now ? brew is good for progression in raids groups that are pushing down content very early in the patch because stagger is extremely good at smooth out damage spikes making it easier and less mana intensive to heal them. brew gets out scaled by all the other tanks

You realize you just said BrM is the best progression tank right? Who cares what’s the best tank when stuff is on farm…

6 Likes

King of the ring out in the open world if played correctly. Set your teleport up on top of a roof or the other side of a building and you become basically unkillable unless they can 0 you out while cced.

I like what in hearing. While there are obviously downsides, I think monk has a lot to offer. I’ve read it’s a bit of a cross between Druid and Paladin. Plus, I always like playing a less played class…

2 Likes

What gave me success as a WW was thinking of it more in terms as a rogue. Instead of trying to get a re-stealth you use your mobility and if you can get any los at all you become near unstoppable.

That’s the one thing about monk though is you will get a lot of hate about kiting people, like I mean a lot of hate. Because people think you should just sit there and tank it like a plate dps.

3 Likes

progression only matters to the very top guilds top 20. the rest are over geared by the time they get to it. and stagger is one of the top mitigations on low geared tanks