Monel-Hardened Stirrups are allowing gathering while flying

I noticed while on my blacksmith that I did not need to land to gather mining nodes, and while currently using the Monel-Hardened Stirrups. I’m pretty sure this isn’t allowed. I don’t recall that being allowed previously, anyway.

I tested mining on a different character without the buff just in case, and I did have to land before mining.

Going to play it safe here until I hear something official. Thank you for your time.

Edit: I submitted a bug report in-game as well. Just trying to see if I can get any sort of answer. I don’t think they actually send any sort of reply if you send a bug report.

SHHHhhhhusushsuhsuhsuusshhh.

If a bug benefited players or improved QoL in some way, it usually gets hotfixed immediately. This is in sharp contrast to bugs that rob players of resources, degrade QoL - sometimes severely, and poison player experience. Those are fiiine and don’t get fixed for months, years, or ever.

…OK. I am going to send just one more bug report. I’ve made this topic quite a while ago, and would hope it’s reached someone’s attention over at the debug department if it’s really an issue.

If there is no official statement about this being a bug, I’m just going to take it as being a non-issue. I rely on my stirrups for effective ore farming, and I don’t like having to “hold back” as it were just because I have to wonder and worry if I should try to fully land before mining or risk a ban.

I already did all I could to warn you of this, Blizzard. I would like to at least get word if it’s OK to keep going as is. I have gold to make… and a brutosaur to buy. Thank you.

Edit: I will wait until Tuesday. I need to know that we won’t be punished for something like this.

Edit 2: Time’s up.