Momentum even mathematically good?

Take away the annoyance of dashing around everywhere, is 15% damage really even that good?

Definitely, haste is just better because it reduces the GCD and let’s us get fury faster

2 Likes

GCD is capped though, right? Edit: nevermind…seems capped at 100% haste

For fury generation, you’re talking about traited autoattack or demon bite, correct?

15% flat damage, if you can keep it up, seems pretty nice.

I have done testing in pvp and on target dummy running erratic fel core + momentum. It isn’t much of a dps increase if anything at all. The buff is up 100% of the time. It can be a fun playstyle in bgs but without demonic you lose a lot of haste and leech during your setups so I do not think it is worth running. Momentum + the hunt in pvp has produced some cool numbers but hasn’t made a difference outside of skirmishes.

2 Likes

yeah if you aren’t running the 3rd soulbind and trying to one trick people with first strike, i wouldn’t touch momentum personally, even though it may be better than Demonic if you aren’t running Soul Rending

momentum consistently sims to be a hell of a lot higher dps than demonic for me.
it also feels a lot nicer because you get a more stable source of fury from vengeful retreat.
it is difficult to use on somefights (looking at you sludgefist…although i tend to forget to spec out of it on that fight and still end up doing well with it xD SOMEHOW)
but where you can use it it’s so much better. when i remember to change, i pretty much use it on every fight except sludgefist, kaelthas, and denathrius (although i use fel barrage there to cheese p1 meters xD)

2 Likes

DH is super fragile and dies super fast the only thing that you have is demonic 6 sec of 25% leach is like 4 attacks. and is not much what you get back, so be 15% more damage for a few seconds having to fly around like crazy and be super easy to die??? even more easy???

1 Like

I’ve tried momentum without felblade, and it’s super clunky. You have to use it as a gap closer, but felblade really makes the build work better.

True you lose out on some leech, but you do have a constant 5%, plus whatever you get from gear.

Been running momentum and the first blood trait with chaos digits, these last few days and I really like it.

1 Like

No because you’re giving up metamorph after eye beam into 15% haste buff into buffed chaos strike and blade dance. Mathematically people already made the conclusion running momentum is the same damage if not slightly +/- for that requires more effort and doesnt work that well in raid. Take sludgefist fight as an example. You wont be able to get a single momentum buff off if you’re chained.

You folks might be right about momentum…switched over to demonic after a few weeks in the former and getting chaos digits.

Wow…

Haste is pretty impactful, and when digits procs…you can go ham, into another eyebeam, full fury…spam buffed chaos strike.

Have to admit it’s pretty nice. Gonna carry it into some mythics tonight.

yeah if you eye beam and use meta when demonic ends you get to spend a lot of time to demon form due to meta resetting eye beam. its additive so its just the better choice as it stands imo unless youre one shot trolling with the 3rd soulbind and first strike :slight_smile: momentum and 3rd night fae soulbind is biggest troll build in the game not gunna lie ive done up to 39k in one hit on paladins