Mods, please delete this thread as it is no longer needed

For the past week, since reset, I’ve been having horrible latency spikes whenever I do anything that requires a group. (Raids, BGs, dungeons, even the world bosses)

It usually takes a bit to ramp up, say half a dungeon or a couple bosses in raid, but then it hits me like a truck. My spells won’t cast even though they are highlighted (clicked on), people and the bosses stop moving… just nothing happens. Usually at this point my latency is still in the green.
Then all of a sudden, 2-15 seconds later, it ALL happens at once. I’d be dead to the boss, someone has killed me, or the person I was trying to heal died. At this point it continues in spurts as described above, and every single cast is delayed to some extent. Now my ping is yellow/red, anywhere from 300-5000 latency, and the World/Home take turns being the high one.
I healed a 9 with this BS and I hated every second of it. (No one died because thankfully my friends are smart beans.) Sometimes they would even exclaim that they were experiencing lag similar to this while it was happening to me. I would also ask others in General Chats if they were having lag issues and I had at least a dozen other people confirm such.

I’ve reset my router countless times and disabled addons. I’m not going to reset my WoW interface or reinstall WoW because it’d be a waste of too much time without solving the issue. It’s not me, this has to be on Blizzard’s end.

You’re not going to do a non-destructive test that takes maybe 5 minutes?
It sounds like you want to complain more than you want a solution.
Rename the folders, start wow, test. If issue goes away, reintroduce addons one at a time. If issue remains, delete the new UI folders and rename the old ones back to their original name. Not hard, not time consuming.

If you do want to troubleshoot, reset your ui and test and get and post winMTR results.

1 Like

Why bother replying when I already said I wasn’t going to do the thing you’re posting for me to do?
Also as someone not even remotely computer savvy, I have done this type of thing before (Where I listened to what someone posted on the forums about resetting the WoW User Interface) and it took me FAR longer than “5 minutes” to fix, after giving me many additional headaches to deal with. Also why would I trust your word about anything when you’ve already insulted me? You sound like you haven’t even read what my issue is.

It’s on Blizzards end. Other randoms, and friends have complained about this same problem. I’m just the one posting about it.

I read it. Why would you even post here if you don’t want to troubleshoot? This forum is for a discussion of technical issues. If you don’t want to discuss, why are you here? If you want to let Blizzard know, file a ticket. If you want engagement with Blizzard, file a ticket.

Welcome to the Technical Support forum for World of Warcraft. This forum exists to provide World of Warcraft customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. While Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 7am-8pm Pacific, 7 days a week), it is not meant as a place to resolve complex issues, because of the nature of forums. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues.

If you wish to contact our Support team directly, you may do so here:
Contact Blizzard Support - You can keep track of all your communication with Customer Support through your Battle.net account.

And yes, you may be having this issue as well as others you know or rando’s, but it isn’t pervasive or universal. If you want to help get the problem resolved, whether it is on blizzard’s end, a peering issue, and ISP issue, or an end user issue, troubleshooting is required.

This forum is for discussion and troubleshooting. Coming in here mouthing off about not going to do any of that and then saying that you aren’t technically minded and you broke things before isn’t about us, it’s about you. If you want help, we’re here. If you want to vent, General Discussion is your forum of choice.

1 Like

Finding the source of an issue will require you to participate in the troubleshooting process. Just because a bunch of people are collectively blaming Blizzard, millions are also playing without issue at the same time.

If you’re convinced Blizzard is at fault, you need to work through the steps to capture data demonstrating where they are failing. The test has to be performed from your own computer and connection. Opening a ticket will require the test linked above, as well as other system files. This is all part of the standard troubleshooting process.

2 Likes

Thanks for being incredibly rude to me every time you’ve posted. This has really opened my eyes about the Blizzard forums.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.