Modding Concerns

I would like to edit how some of the creature models in this game look to be more anatomically accurate. Keep in mind I want to mod ONLY the models themselves and NOTHING else about them (i.e. hitboxes and stuff).

Would I get banned for this?

:thinking:

Yes.
They may first give you warning to stop modding the models before they actually ban you, but continued usage of model hacks will eventually lead to a ban.

From the 2019 ban wave:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/update-to-recent-suspensions/161149

Reverse engineering and bypassing security protocols that safeguard against client modification is a clear violation of our Terms of Service

The use of third party software that modifies the World of Warcraft game client is against our Terms of Service.

Any future use of software that bypasses the security of the game client, regardless of intention or gameplay advantage, will be detected and sanctioned with increased penalties.

See here:

In particular Clause C.

I think it answers your question.

Even if you intend to do this, then allowing it to be done will lead other players to doing things like making herbs collection box the same but they are now dark purple and are really tall so you can’t miss them.

Back when it was still ‘grey’ area I did enjoy the high elf mod to void elves. Good times.

Yes, yes you would.

It’s okay, OP, you can admit you want nudie mods

I don’t. The raptors in this game have stupid looking anatomy and so do the dragons. I just want to mod the models of them so they look like animals that can function properly.

why though it’s a fantasy based video game…nothing is even close to accurate for the most part.

:thinking:

1 Like

The wing membranes aren’t even connected to their bodies. And if they are, it’s not enough. The wings should also come in front of the arms and the arms should be a bit smaller. The feet should also be smaller. The animal doesn’t look like it can fly really.

I mean he’s not wrong. Some of the creatures in this game move like it would be excruciating to just exist.

Reminds me of my tiefling in dnd. He had bat wings but no hollow bones so he had to train them so they could carry his body weight. It was rather funny that my DM knew this when my character back handed slapped another player with a wing so the DM said it would knock the other player down.

Good times.

Yes, you will.