Mobs leashing

or if the mob does something to you .
IE : in range during them using a demo should or AOE ability.
works the other way as well. i can stand next to you . while you fight a mob. if they do a “Screech” or howl. it puts me in combat…

Also the anvilrage guys outside BRD that are elite near pyromancer…
are programed just like the mobs inside. they are Elite. and Aggro anyone in range of them the same way they do inside the dungeon. you can have you a buddy follow you from outside BRD through redridge and into gold shire… no problem. no leash. nothing… ohh and if you pass a lowby. he will aggro them by proximity . with out them doing anything.

give it a shop.

Yeah true. I have been put in combat in Classic for reasons that don’t seem to fit either of those scenarios.

1 Like

Then they are programmed incorrectly

As a hunter if my pet has agro on a mob as I’m running with pet on follow, when agro drops off my pet it starts chasing me for ages like it just started chasing again. It shouldn’t even agro onto me when I’m not doing any threat generating abilities and It should not drop agro from pet then keep chasing me for twice the distance that it should.

1 Like

I suspect that there are some serious out of sync issues with the servers. This issue, the randomly sprinting mobs, the crazy aggro range of some. I think it all boils down to mobs not actually being where their visual is.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this is due to this attempted bug fix by Blizzard.

Combat, aggro and leashing all seem pretty messed up at the moment. I’m pretty sure mobs that spawn a pet don’t even have an aggro radius of their own and will only attack you if defensively or when their master attacks.

Weird, shouldn’t happen unless you aggro one or more of the leashed mobs. If you just ride by and don’t aggro them, when they break from attacking the escaping player, the mobs should just run back to their original positions…

I have seen this, but did not consider that it was or might be a bug
as i just figured that well, other guy got away, and angry mob was walking back and said angry mob saw me, and i was after all a valid target, so mob decided me no get to hit him, now me hit you instead.

It just kind of seemed logical i guess?

It’s different than vanilla for sure but I think blizzard just can’t get it working right easily so they’re just waiting for us to “get used” to all these bugs over time.

2 Likes

It’s working as intended.

As others said run quit standing there expecting mobs to run by you.

If not as intended, i would say as should have been.
It is logical, hostile mob walking back, sees you standing there, you are a valid target, so hostile mob pounds you in the head.

Before WOW launched in 2004, i had been playing EverQuest
and it was a normal thing, mobs never gave up until you died, or zoned out (in EQ you did not seemlessly walked between zones)
and anyone in their path when they lost their target was fair game.

3 Likes

Had this happen to me. Seems if a mob runs by chasing someone any aggro you generate on anything puts you on the aggro list.

Maybe you’re on the list with 0 aggro, but you’re on the list now and they come for you next.

Would makes sense for that to be the bug. You can be added to aggro list with 0 aggro and they will act on people with 0 aggro.

I’ve also seen it work the other way - I’m running along on my Hunter with my pet on passive and I accidentally body pull a mob. It will sometimes switch to my pet for no reason and chew on him after hitting me a few times.

I was on my troll holy priest yesterday doing the 16 Satyr horns quest in Ashenvale. A gnome mage ran right by me with 4 mobs chasing him and he frost nova’ed right on top of me and ran away. When the nova broke they instantly turned on me and killed me. A few minutes later I saw the gnome doing it to someone else. Thats just playing dirty on purpose.

Funny PvP happened on a PvE server?

1 Like

I think it was that fourth exclamation point that really sold it for me.

Wrong…it did not. I get this all the time as a hunter from my pet and it NEVER happened in vanilla. EVER. You need to engage the mob in some way for it to aggro you. I can literally be standing afk and mobs will attack me if the leash from another player in my general area.

Stop making stuff up.

4 Likes

Lol I do this to people who try ninja my quest Item or ore That I cleared the mobs to get to and they think they are going to run in and grab it I will try get agro on them hope it was worth it lol

No its not. Please tell me where you received your information from?

1 Like

I dont really see anything wrong with this myself.
It’s a dangerous world, if you are sitting there and hostile mob comes by
and loses it’s target, well it has some anger it needs to burn off.
I’ve got mob rushed by someone elses train quite a few times.

Before WOW launched in 2004 i was playing EverQuest, and hostile mobs would smack anybody, if there target died and there was a train of 20 mobs, you did not want to still be standing there.
And they did not leash, they would follow you all over an entire zone, the only escape was kill, die, or zone out.

3 Likes