Mobs aggroing onto you from other players

Too many times this happens and it’s nothing like vanilla. I will be stealthed walking far away from a hunter and they FD, which immediately causes all the enemies to aggro onto me from across the room. I’ll be up on a hill killing an enemy when another rogue vanishes far away from me, which aggros all the enemies onto me. I’ll be farming some herbs as someone on a mount runs past with a bunch of mobs chasing them and when they drop aggro all that aggro goes onto me. This scenario has happened over and over again… Please fix this it’s getting annoying. Anyone else have this kind of stuff happen to them?

4 Likes

i was actually about to post about this myself, it has happened to me twice so far that i’ve noticed and my friend had it happen to him last night and got him killed, he was so befuddled. i can’t even figure out what is triggering it because the mobs path from their resting point to the way they traveled is no where near me, i’m easily 25+ yards away the the engagement and they just randomly headed to me after the guy who pulled died.

1 Like

run past some guy fighting 3 mobs, do not engage that in any way, then pull a bunch of mobs,I go immune all of a sudden my mobs charge across the map and jump this poor guy.

fighting 2 mobs +minion add next to a paladin who is fighting 2 mobs, for no reason at all my mobs suddenly stop attacking me and jump him, ask what he did to pull the mobs like that, sadly did not respond to me.

got to wonder if this post is related?

Easy to recreate, be a mage aoe grinding pirates in tanaris, notice an enemy trying to gank you. Instead of nova run all your mobs at the enemy and ice block viola mobs slaughter the enemy.

1 Like

This isn’t how it worked in vanilla, yeah.

I remember people trying to train mobs into me like this, (PVE server) and there wouldn’t be any chance of them aggroing me unless I hit them with something.

1 Like

this is the truth right here.

I’ve been aoe grinding with my mage, and another mage (quite distant) will die and all his mobs will go to me…like from out of sight/view distance even.

as a hunter from classic, this is how i remember aggro working. there was an aggro table change later that altered this behavior, but murdering people by dropping mobs on them was always a fun game…

This has repeatedly happened to me since launch with the most recent occurrence yesterday.
I can’t say if this was actually the way the game behaved in the original release back in the early 2ks but it’s been like this since the release of Classic.
Very annoying either way.

Way to often honestly and it gets annoying as hell. I’ll be sitting there herbing and someone not even within casting range is running through mobs on their mount, and when they reset they’ve all come running at me. I didn’t hit them, nothing but I’ve ended up with the death run that was someone elses…

Whats annoying is you arent attacking anything just standing there and if somones in combat 10 yards put near you sometimes you get put in combat.

This too! Happens all the time

This is how combat worked in vanilla… Partially.

In vanilla, combat with dungeon mobs was an aura effect. This meant that if you got too close to anyone who was in combat, or any mob that was in combat, it would pull you into combat. “Active” buffs, such as auras and active hots, would also engage the casting party member into combat if someone buffed engaged. So if a paladin had devo aura up, and you face pulled, the paladin 20 yards away would be plunged into combat. Same thing if a priest had a renew ticking on you and you blundered into a pack of mobs.

This is all working as intended and exactly how it used to be.

However.

This was not how combat in the world used to work. In the overworld, combat used to work exactly as it does today. You could stand ontop of a mob and player fighting, but would not be engaged in combat unless you engaged them, or were hit by aoe (mobs that cleave for example). Also, I’m fairly sure that hitting the player wouldn’t put you in combat with the mob.

The problem is that, currently, we have the dungeon system… everywhere. So combat is an aura / aoe effect in the open world, which is not how it used to be.