Mobility class tier

This list is as good as you’re going to get

1 Like

Well it definitely helps that hunters can generally attack on the move while boomkins need to hard cast. So hunters will kite a slow Paladin/DK relatively easily.

But if the druid decided to start running away, not only can they powershift out of roots/slows they get sprints and at bare minimum 30% movement speed, higher if they’re feral affinity specced.

2 Likes

Meh. Average boring list. The real list should be, how many times have I chi torpedoed (away from a gang of alliance players) off a cliff to my doom cause I forgot to make my belt have glider goodie / stock up on glider bags… not enough forum space would be available.

1 Like

The one major aspect of mobility that some of ya’ll seem to be overlooking for hunters, and why we are tier 3, we can attack while moving. Yes, most melee specs can do this as well, but your attacks get canceled if you’re opponent puts any distance between you and them, MM and BM hunters can keep shooting you in the back as you try to run away while they chase you down without stopping.

And the claim about Druids being master escape artists… that is only true if they are out of combat. Tag them for combat and they are stuck on the ground with a 30% ground travel form.

If you want to start getting into attacks, druids ARE master escape artist. Instant stuns, Cyclone, Instant Roots. Try to catch a good feral around a pillar. I’d really like to see that.

Indeed but i feel in combat environment, (no escapes) boomchicken is quite inmobile. Even mage is harder to Chase.

It’s hard to escape a fury warrior who knows what they’re doing. Almost as annoying as demon hunters and monks, in some cases moreso because of their extra armor.

This has me imagining your panda in a series of coyote+roadrunner sorts of cartoons.

1 Like

Oh very true, forgot about the enrage movement speed increase! If we’re talking about movement purely in combat–ya, warrior is higher up than I was suggesting. Definitely one of the best.

Out of combat with nothing to attack, I think of them as slow still. Though they can leap up cliffs…huge situational advantage. And the snare removal is nice for sure. Though I don’t count it really since it requires a melee target.

50%*, cannot be brought down to 100% ms and it’s permanent. It’s not as bad as you want to make it sound.

Also, the game doesn’t revolve around pvp. I noticed people bringing up pvp talents when they’re irrelevant.

In terms of combat boomkin is quite inmobile. Yet they may have better escape abilities.

Hunter has better tools to move faster while in combat

Huh. I always felt Warriors had like nearly the lowest mobility.

Maybe I’m just bad.

2 Likes

Oh, it get much worse if I switched to WW and started using FSK.

Should be Mage*. Because Arcane Mages arguably have the best mobility in the game currently, or if not the best, at least competing with the top tier ones.

Just because displacement?

Displacement/2x blinks/Chrono-Shift. I outran my guild’s demon hunter during the Radiance of Azshara achievement because of those.

I think paladins should be higher. Blessing of freedom, divine shield, guardian of the forgotten queen, 2 charges of divine stead, conflict and strife. Not many can keep up with a pally who uses all these in a full blown retreat.

They most certainly aren’t irrelevant, and mobility matters in PvP. Disengage, root breaks, etc, PvP is where it matters most. Not that it doesn’t in PvE, but PvP it is extremely important.

This “pvp is a fringe thing” in WoW is a complete myth.

6 Likes

Except it is not a myth. The main attraction for this game is the pve part of it. We get a whole new set of pve content updates every patch. What do pvpers get? LMAO.

So again, bringing up pvp talents is not relevant. They are literally left unused for 99% of the time someone plays the game.

Mobility makes life easier, but is not necessary.

No mobility during Mythic KJ (even now) = death

I’d still put paladins over dks. But other than that I’d say this list is better than the op.

And I’m guessing all the mobility for hunter is in survival because all i got is aspect and that’s on a long cd.