Mob sharing XP not working properly since patch

UP until the patch, if you tagged a lvl 62 or higher mob with a char, then an ungrouped level 70 killed the mob, the lower level character that tagged the mob would get the full xp. After the most recent patch, the char that tagged the mob is only getting the % of xp based on their damage.

I thought the rule was if the level 70 would normally get the xp for the kill on their own (level 62 and up are green) then the character that tagged the mob would get all of the xp. This currently is not working and is only receiving that portion for the dmg they caused.

This doesn’t sound like a bad fix (and this absolutely sounds like a fix) to me. Why should the lower-level character be getting full XP when a 70 killed the mobs?

4 Likes

I would hope that they would say something about a change like this, if it is in fact a change, in the patch notes…

this is how it should have been all along. If it was giving full XP before it was broken

2 Likes

Not true. If the level 70 would normally get xp from the mob (lvl 62 or higher) and a non 70 tags the mob before the 70 kills it, the non 70 would get the full xp. If the mob was gray to the level 70, then it would be the portion that the non 70 did the damage to.

It was always this way, until the most recent patch. You can look up old information and see that it worked the way I mentioned above.

So you have to play legitimately now?

Oh no!

5 Likes

thats not how this game has worked for 15 years

NoW I hAvE tO pLaY mY cHaRaCtEr!!

Boosting is fine but this is not?

1 Like

When you boost the xp is split among all people in the instance, the booster’s share poofs into oblivion. This is now the same, as it should be.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.