MO Growl Target, not back to last target if dead

Doing a mouseover macro for growl. I just don’t know the next command line (or what to add to the 3rd) that would prevent it from going to last target if that target is dead:

/target [@mouseover]
/cast Growl
/targetlasttarget
?Prevent from going to last target if dead?

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Growl
1 Like

I didn’t explain my intention well enough. I want “one key” that allows me to use mouseover Growl on an add that inadvertently was aggro’d by someone, then return to the primary target.

The three-line macro I have works in that regard.

HOWEVER, I would like to add something to prevent the macro from returning to the “last target” if that target is dead and remain targeting the mouseover target.

I see you posted on another thread, “There’s no command for targeting corpses.”

Will this macro as is remain on the mouseover target if the last target died? Meaning the macro is fine as is?

You don’t need to switch targets at all, you can just mouseover growl.

1 Like

Hmm, as you already knew, you are correct. I just tried it on something other than a dummy and it worked. On the dummies it kept saying I had no target.

Maybe I was missing them somehow when I mouse-overed?

Thanks!

#showtooltip
/tar [harm,nodead][@mouseover,harm,nodead]
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Growl

I add the targeting line above to a lot of my offensive macros. If I already have a hostile target, it keeps it, but if I don’t have a hostile target (or it’s dead) it will target my mouseover.

It won’t solve your problem if your target dies right after you taunt but should do what you want otherwise.