MM Hunter Bug on Aimed Shot

No sir. Same target and all of my other shots are within the same range. I see what you said, Maddoxxz. And that also makes sense. But as I stated, my AS went from 75k-105k down to 18k to 30k. There is no reasonable explanation for this. Same exact target and my killshots hit for 50-90k now. My arcanes are hitting for 20-40k. My arcane is averaging more damage each strike than my AS. It has to be a bug, right? I cannot fathom what else it could be. I have multiple recordings of it, too.

I am shelving my hunter until this is fixed. And I’ve mained hunter for 15 years. But I really hope this is fixed.

1 Like

Getting similar results , Tool tip on Aimshot says 75k and i am hitting 45k (avg) non crits on target dummy.
Something is definitely off.

1 Like

I am having the exact same issue on my Hunter. Feels like they added a zero to that 4% nerf. Not worth playing while it is this badly broken.

2 Likes

Did they even do that nerf already? It seemed like it was supposed to come on the 28th (tomorrow).

I just did ruby life pools today, it seems like Aimed Shot has an average hit of 56.2k.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9mDjkHFbxQGZynvY#fight=1&type=damage-done

That seems right to me. The tooltip might be wrong though, I’m not at the computer to check.

Aimed Shot deals Physical damage, so you have to take the value in the tooltip and subtract ~35% for the correct value, due to armor reductions.

40x0.65=25(k), roughly.
75x0.65=48(k), roughly.

Sounds about right.

Having said that…

This indeed does sound like they messed up the math somewhere. You’d think that, when they say “all ability and pet damage” they’d make the adjustments through the general aura modifiers, but if only AiS has been affected like you say, then perhaps, in addition to the general aura, they made some miscalculation/typo and made changes specifically to AiS as well, even though they shouldn’t have. Wouldn’t be the first time.

Having said that(2), if they messed up this big on AiS, we would probably see a whole lot more players coming on here to comment on it.

Same issue. Deleting and restoring my character fixed it
Race changing did too

No other solutions. Its come back a 3rd time

I posted it on bug report and technical report hopefully it gets attention. Pretty gamebreaking

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/cant-play-my-hunter-mm-spec-its-buggedbroken/1556665

When i switched to survival and was practicing rotation it seemed to have triggered for me at least

1 Like

Read your topic which you linked to above here. It sure does sound like a screw-up somewhere. Have you managed to reproduce the bug/identified what causes it?

I noticed in your topic you mentioned arenas, and switching specs. Does it occur when you zone in to an arena match(and remains in effect after you’re done in there), or does it happen straight as you swap your specs? Or does it happen as you swap your weapon?

It began occuring when I changed out of MM to SV to practice rotation on dummy. When I went back MM I was bugged.

It stays on me regardless of zone, arena, relogging, dying, EVERYTHING.

The only fix I found was deleting and restoring or a race change seemed to also fix it.

So, straight as you swap your spec? I assume you haven’t tried swapping to SV, and then swapped back to MM again without changing any gear or attacking anything(?).

^ This. I swimming my damage, I lost 3k-4k, was already trailing DH/Monk/Rogue. Suspending game time I guess… Nobody cares and can’t get my money back so I see it as this will continue.

I can confirm this bug, my aimed shot is WAY lower than before. Im hitting for like 30k ~ 60k crit

What a joke!

https://i.imgur.com/IH0uYQR.jpg

They over nerfed us lmao

1 Like

Or they forgot to add a zero in their notes

1 Like

This is so dumb it wasn’t hot fixed right away

1 Like

I’m sorry for y’all, but I’m glad to hear it’s not isolated to me. I hope today’s patch addressed it, but I don’t know if they are even aware.

I also agree that it’s frustrating to not have been hotfixed quickly. It’s an enormous bug. I submitted a report about it. We will see if they respond. The more of us that post and comment about it, the more likely we are to get it fixed.

Edit: Ghorak- I hear where you’re coming from on the damage mitigation. But as you noted, other factors remove that from being the cause.

And I have begun to see a lot of hunters responding here, in addition to creating their own threads.

Lastly, I also think it’s possible that it’s a piece of gear or scaling that is causing this issue. Then again, why would it only effect 1 of my abilities. My Killshot and Arcane are hitting within similar ranges to what they always have. Yet aimed shot has dropped immensely.

1 Like

They must have fixed it because today the tooltip shows 44k and I’m hitting for 47k non crit on the dummy. Steady shot however shows 9.5k and I’m hitting for 6k on the dummy.

I don’t think the tooltip will account for Careful Aim? You may wish to compare your results against the expected damage increase from that and then the expected damage decrease (~30%?) from NPC Armor.

44.7k x 1.5 * .7 = 47k, for instance.

But, yes, that would seem to indicate a fix if you were suffering from the bug before.

Probably the ranged weapon, I would imagine, as two equal-DPS weapons of different attack speeds can give tooltip readings on for their damage, iirc.

• (See old LWing bow vs. Engi Gun descriptions, where the first gave more LnL procs but the 2nd had higher damage per AiS.)

Unfortunately my aimed shot tooltip is telling me 65k and I am hitting for 18k-20k at the moment with 30k crits. Meanwhile my arcane is hitting for 19k with 40k crits. This is ridiculous lol.

Yep, this does seem to be an occurring bug. Albeit not for everyone it appears, which could make it more difficult to fix. But we’ll see…

Still bugging for me. No hotfix

:persevere:

Are you talking about in PvP or in PvE? Because at 417, with high mastery, my tooltip displays 55k. Not sure how you are getting to 65k. With my Puzzle I am at 65k. Can you clarify? With that said my Aimed shots are hitting for normal damage.