MM: 4pc Tier Set (Focus Tracking Issue) + Vigil Legendary

I don’t disagree, I know how the set bonus works and it’s not optimal, but it’s still pretty good and very easy to play. You shouldn’t be casting any unempowered aimed shots this way, which would be a much more significant loss to your dps.

If you have trick shots up already, and you can see this by making a quick weakaura, you should just use your aimed shot if it’s there. But in general, alternating, especially outside of your burst, is fine and managable for most players.

That’s the problem: Weak Aura is still not tracking it precisely. There are points in dungeon which lead to an in-game focus reset (which is not presented to us via the Weak aura). Consequently, you might start you fight thinking you got enough focus to cross the 40 focus threshold (in order to get Trick Shots) when you actually haven’t got enough. This messes up with your count for all your subsequent shots thus leading to an inefficient gameplay.

Respectfully I’m pretty sure you don’t know how 4 piece plus vigil works or you wouldn’t be alternating. It’s literally not how the spec works.

Rather than arguing, walk up to a cleave dummy and cast two aimed shots in a row. Or three. Four even.

While you have to cast Arcane/Multi sometimes when you don’t get a Vigil proc, that’s not the same thing as “alternating”. It’s common to string together 5-6 Aimed shots in a row.

You are giving very bad advice/info and FWIW leaving a lot of damage on the table. The correct guide very clearly states to ignore Precise Shots w/ 4 piece + Vigil.

Dont have 4p yet almost there

But AIS is 35 Focus and u need 40

So the thing is casting empowered AIS and normal AIS right?

Vigil is 50% chance so a bit random

I honestly thought I would be God’s gift to the meters when I swapped to MM 4pc, but I do better as BM, especially on movement fights. MM just smokes BM at AoE. When I play MM, aimed shot resets so often that I have trouble casting anything else, so moving tanks my DPS. I miss the old style where you actually get to use all of your abilities instead of just spamming aimed shot.

You want pretty much all of your Aimed casts to be empowered.
If you cast an Aimed that pushes the focus counter over the 40-threshhold, it will immediately trigger Trickshots and consume it, so you dont have to have Trickshots active when you start the Aimed cast.
As long as you have charges of Aimeds, you only want to cast an Arcane if your counter is at 0 focus, at all other times a casted Aimed will be buffed by Trickshots.

4 Likes

That 100% explains why it looks like I never proc trick shots while spamming aimed shot during true shot. Thanks for this info.

Anyone has a weakaura in bar form with a small number?
my weakaura is just numbers.

That and you shouldn’t just waste precise shots unless you have 2 charges of aimed shot.