Mistweaving SHOULD BE MANDATORY

MISTWEAVING SHOULD :clap: BE :clap: MANDATORY :clap:

Blizzard needs to stop wasting 50% of MW talent space on “DPS” mistweaving. Its clearly not supposed to be the viable option as mistweaver is intended to mitigate dmg and heal at the same time.
(directly from Blizzards interviews before Legion release)!!

Mistweaver “fistweavers” are hampering true monks from enjoying the entirety of the spec, i know its harsh but there are like 2 other dps healers that do the same things as “fistweaver” mistweaver. Meanwhile mistweaving is ACTUALLY UNIQUE.

Stop pushing this boring, suboptimal playstyle on true mistweavers who want the talents dedicated to mistweaving. There is no need to appease the “fistweaver” crowd. Lets focus on the mistweaving.

Players think that just because Mistweaver is unpopular that it needs to be changed, people dont play monk because they dont vibe with the class fantasy and even then fewer people play healers.

STOP TRYING TO REMOVE THE UNIQUENESS OF THE CLASS i dont want WoW to end up like FFXIV where every healer plays the same. Its ok to have unique playstyles, if u dont like mistweaving YOU HAVE OTHER OPTIONS FOR HEALS meanwhile there is NO REPLACEMENT FOR mistweaving!

MISTWEAVING IS THE ONLY WAY

23 Likes

Low quality bait thread

15 Likes

Fistweaving is only for holy paladins

2 Likes

A funny parody of the other one, haha^^

But yes, this should show it… both playstyles should be viable. Both are wanted.
There is just a lack of mitigations for allies that could be implemented through a secondary resource - Chi.

I agree, remove fistweaving

6 Likes

What I wouldn’t give for 6.3 MW…

Instant Uplift, 3 charges of ReM, old Mana Tea :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

It’s not even about strength, it was just more fun. Not that i dont like MW, but it was way more fun gameplay.

4 Likes

It’s meant to be a silly meme thread about someone who is constantly making bad takes and threads/posts on here. In the end I think both “styles” are viable, they just need to keep making slight adjustments to the talent tree and also buff the underperforming things. ( and make Yu’Lon a full time gas blasting pet :3 )

T’would make me moist.

1 Like

Remember the Extend Life set bonus… Oh baby

2 Likes

It’s mandatory for MISTweavers to MISTweave?

WHAT!!!

1 Like

Old mana tea was amazing, now you are making me remember how good caster MW used to be. :sob:

1 Like

I actually prefer mistweaving over fistweaving just because you use soothing mist. It’s such an iconic ability, can’t imagine having to play a MW without it.

2 Likes

Yea sad thing is that fistweavers are not actually “weaving” like mistweavers. More like fisthealing, that’s what it should be called.

1 Like

Nah. Other one had details, you dont actually sound like you play a Monk, just like you wanna troll and spam all caps spittle at people.

still a better post than the guy who screams all day “fistweaving is the only way” into a silent echo chamber. Everyone is well aware that he is wrong and what he says isn’t true (i’m talking about Redweave btw)

3 Likes

The other thread was literally a troll thread - both styles viably exist together right now. This thread was made to meme a mediocre MW monk’s bad take thread - if you missed it.

That thread had literally no details, don’t act like it’s a quality post because most MW don’t even share that persons view. Options are good for the spec - reworks are not. Would be stupid to change that now, because it’s working out. Especially with the recent 10.0.5 changes.

One doesn’t need to really play a class to know what a stupid idea is. It’s like going into the ele/sham forums complaining they don’t like electricity spells and saying the only fix is to split the spec so there is a fire ele spec and electric ele spec. They’re both ele. Same concept with MW.

3 Likes

Why can’t Blizz break up Mistweavers and Fistweavers into two separate specs?

I get the appeal of Mistweavers, but IMO it’s very boring. Fistweaving is more fun.

Both play styles present different challenges that probably need unique spec trees.

Edit: also gonna point out the obvious - Fistweaving plays very differently from Holy Paladin and Disc Priest.

Does it? There are literal posts on Holy Paladin forums right now asking for the same separation, lol

I think they’re different. Between holy Paladin and Disc Priest, Disc is probably the most similar.

Holy Paladins build up Holy Power to then spend on healing abilities. Fistweaving Monk doesn’t build up resources like that (the closest thing I can think of is Sheilun’s Gift, but that’s optional).

Disc Priest has a huge ramp up before they can do tons of healing. Fistweaving Monk play style doesn’t ramp.

Well, we USED to have chi. Then they took it from us, and gave it to paladins lmao

I think the comparison is more between the fact that
A) They do damage to heal; disc is similar in that the damage they do determines the healing
B) Paladin is melee, to build resources to heal, but primarily using instants – this might be similar to Vivify / Renewing Mist upkeep although at the same time totally different, obviously
C) They are obviously different, but otherwise they’d be the same class. They do have similarities.
D) Monk has similarities to all healers since they use a base toolkit and expand from there. Off the top of my head, Shaman is the least like Monk, except that they can’t really DPS and Heal at the same time, similar to a non-Fistweaver monk :stuck_out_tongue: