Mistweaver talents for Non Fistweaving?

Hi i main a monk tank but like to offspec heal.
Never liked fistweaving , but now comeing back to the game it seems built around it, and all the guides include fistweaving .
Has anyone got a talent tree for both M+ and raid that is viable to not be a damn melee healer?
TIA

1 Like

You’re still going to be in melee for providing assisting damage even if you aren’t using Ancient Teachings.

1 Like

Well you never had to assist with damage , you had a choice ,
if i wanted to damage i would roll a disc priest,

You dont ever have to melee if you are just doing Normal and Heroics level dungeons.

In bfa i healed some heroic and some mythic raids, and did 10+ mythic keys ,never did any melee,
i saw alot of ppl in the forums complaining about how they need to melee now (so its not just me and it seems to have changed)
Thats why there was a difference in terms, you either were a fistweaver or a mistweaver.
All i was asking is there a talent setup so you can still play mistweaver like the old days.

If there is no damage to heal and you arent dpsing why would a group bring you?

2 Likes

Man I feel you. I dont mind hitting things when there is nothing to do, but I hate how clunky healing with your dps abilities feels. Also I dont want to focus on a dps rotation, if I wanted to be a dps- Id play dps

1 Like

This is what Ive been using Mistweaver Monk Dragonflight Talent Calculator - 10.0.2 Beta (wowhead.com)

For raids swap Tears of morning to rising mist, Focused thunder to upwelling, Tea of serenity to Tea of plenty ( if you want ) Serenity works too, Change mist wrap to yulon’s whisper, lifecycles to mana tea.

You still want to be in melee to Tigre Punch x3 and BoK for more mana regen and to abuse rapid diffusion. Any damage also shortens the fight, meaning less to heal. Standing in ranged on MW you can drop melee mechanics in places you probably dont want them. Try to still be in melee.

The PTR has Sheilun’s Gift coming back so if you played MW in legion you can build into a similar Legion esq build. Will be doing this when the talent tree is updated. Mistweaver Monk Dragonflight Talent Calculator - 10.0.5 PTR (wowhead.com)

Again still want to be in melee getting mana regens and getting more HoT’s out.

Tyvm nice one

1 Like

Hope it helps :3

the only dps i do on my monk is spinning kicks to debuff mobs. import talent tree:

B4QAdeydY63Y4XKaboK13uRRQUCKQEKlSRiEhkUSahQIBAAAAAAAAAAAApkgkEJJSAIRSSAAgA

This is the build I’ve been using.

I’ll swap jade bond and gift of the celestials depending on if you need a stronger or more frequent cooldown.

You can also move around upwelling, peaceful mending, and/or resplendent mist for misty peaks and/or invoker’s delight.

I’ve found that you can spread renewing mist pretty easily through enveloping mist thanks to rapid diffusion and casting vivify on people with renewing mist via tear of morning. So you aren’t forced to melee to spread renewing mist. However, I do recommend doing it during downtime so you have some renewing mists already out when some burst damage comes.

Thanks all great info

For Grievous I swap to 2 healing trinkets (the 5 target aoe heal one from Halls of Valor and the shield one from Nokhud forget their names)

I respec out of Ancient Teachings and a lot of the damage nodes because it just cant keep up with Grievous in high keys then talent into Jade Serpent Statue, Jade Serpent instead of Chi Ji and the mana efficiency notes for Vivify and Enveloping Mist plus the chance for EM to spread its healing bonus. It is a perfectly servicable “pure caster” healer build but your mana efficiency will be poor compared to other healers and you will likely need to drink more than other classes but it does serve as a very viable pure caster healer build.

ahh you mean the trinket that doesn’t exist!

(Seriously If i looked at how many HOV i’ve run without this friggen trinket dropping…)

2 Likes

awesome cheers, what do u think of the new changes?

Sheiluns is great for the type of build you want to play but the randomness of the buffs isnt worth sacrificing the haste buff from summoning Celestial to me and i rarely need the extra multi target healing.

That trinket is extremely useful, I was shocked at first because the AoE heal from the trinket does the same amount of healing as a typical healer cd would. Literal lifesaver

I had a Fistweaver during one of my Mythic+ runs as tank earlier today and since I am relatively new to tanking this was my first time having a MW healer I gotta say that the heals definitely felt a lot weaker than other classes I have been healed by. It just seemed like the entire party was getting less than I am used to. I feel like if it was a pure caster build the HPS would have been through the roof but FW felt subpar.

Wrong class bud, this is like asking if there was a non-casting mage.

Monk has always been pure melee focused.

2 Likes