Mistweaver nerfed? Dragon statue has a short duration it heals a target now

Maybe I missed something but the dragon statue as far as I knew playing months ago would latch onto one target and keep it’s tiny trickle heal going for a pretty long time.

Now it’s only 7 seconds.

I’m really kind of bummed out at this o_o;;

So now we need to constantly worry about spamming our self-rooting soothing mist to keep it targetted? … This feels a bit punishing.

1 Like

It’s a Shadowlands change. On live it lasts for 30 seconds, but on beta/ptr, it lasts 8 seconds and the channel time is affected by haste, meaning you should be reapplying its cast every 6 seconds.

It heals for the same amount in that 6 seconds, however, that it would heal for in 30 seconds on live, so it’s not really a nerf, just makes it so it requires a lot more upkeep and micromanagement.

2 Likes

and more GCD

1 Like

Really not a fan of this change and I’m not sure why they’re making it. I hope they revert it.

1 Like

They’re honestly just rearranging its healing to function as a burst healing mechanic rather than a steady passive increase.

That being said, spending 4x as many globals on it doesn’t feel good.

4 Likes

The whole row was bad in BFA, so im open to changes, but:

It had almost no use as is in pve. It now still has almost no use and is probably worse for pvp, but im not sure. Burst healing sounds good, but lossing gcd doesnt.

They should just make it so casting also starts soothing mist. Having to waste a gcd for it to do ANYTHING which such a short duration is horrible

1 Like

Oh I didn’t realize it was that strong of a buff to it’s actual output tho.

So … dumb question, doesn’t this actually make us stupidly good tank healers? This is a passive increase we can always always rely on…

Yes and no. This is a very strong throughput option now. The downside is you are going to be sacrificing a global roughly every 6 seconds now instead of every 30. For most mistweavers, that’s why it isn’t worth it.

1 Like

I see… does this make the chiji talent seem more appealing? That is with the sounbind talent to make it’s chiji cooldown lower each time it’s used.

Currently it’s very hard to guage Chi-Ji’s value. The primary healing component (Enveloping Breath) has yet to work on Beta, despite it working for the counterpart Yu-lon as of the last beta build.

For the moment, RJW is looking to be the choice until we can see what Chi-Ji looks like with breath, cause without breath crack-bird is underwhelming.

1 Like

Dang, that’s really unfortunate ;~;

Does it interact with your mastery now? I was assuming that was why. Like, does it cause gust of mist like regular soothing mist?

Depends on what you’re speaking about. Chi-Ji itself causes gusts of mists to kick up, not that they heal for much.

Currently it’s acting as a mana conservation choice, allowing you to toss out free Envs, the initial cast of which does proc mastery as usual.

If they can get Enveloping Breath to work on Chi-Ji then I imagine it will proc mastery off the initial cast as well.

*Edit: if you’re asking if Soothing Mist statue procs our mastery; I haven’t tested it. I can’t see it being done, our soothing mist only has a chance to proc mastery per tick itself, and the statue spell has an entirely different spell id.

Tested it for a good minute, and I didn’t see a single Gust proc from the Statue. The Statue can crit on each tick, but it heals for 1/2 the total healing of my own Soothing over the exact same duration. Both Statue and my own Soothing have spell variance now (I believe the Statue didn’t have the 5% variance before).

It seems like the Statue is meant to be a boost to your own fully-channeled Soothing Mist for high single-target healing (during which time you’d also cast Enveloping and some Vivifies), rather than a passive heal than needs constant attention to maintain. From what I’ve heard about Castle Nathria, there’s a decent amount of single target tank and spot healing required, so this talent could be decent. But there’s also a lot of stacked fights, so RJW might be more beneficial. Chi-ji just seems like a trap or a very niche spell that heals for less than Yu’lon but requires more work and doesn’t allow you to actually heal while Chi-ji is out (since you have to damage to make Chi-ji work, whereas you can actually heal while Yu’lon is out).