Mistweaver Experience in 9.2?

Hello Monks!

I am pretty torn between a couple of healer as I make my return to wow after a short break. I tried Mistweaver in 9.1 I think before Venthyr legendary became the meta. I really enjoyed the Ancient Teachings of the Monastery gameplay. But I am torn between Holy Paladin, Disc Priest, Mistweaver, and Restoration Shaman. My question to all of you is how has been your Mistweaver Experience been in 9.2? Has it been hard to find groups since MWM is considered kinda bottom tier in M+? How are raids feeling? Is Mistweaver fun right now? Any information is great. I know alot of this stuff is subjective but hearing experiences from other helps in my decision. Thanks!

I haven’t played much MW but MW is really good and fun in raid right now. The boss fights have so much raid wide ticking damage and it players right into monk’s strengths.

MW is arguably the worst healer in m+. That being said I’m also trash at healing m+ with my monk so I’m bias. There are players who do have lots of success but it will be harder than other healers. That being said if you’re goal is to do +15s and you’ve healed at that level before you will not have a hard time.

I just started one and have been doing some lower keys. I really like the playstyle, but it’s undeniable that it’s takes way more effort to do the kind of damage that you get easily with shaman or priest.

Also the spec eats mana like crazy, which really doesn’t need to be the case. Other, stronger healers specs right now don’t have to worry about mana at all. You shouldn’t be locked into Venthyr because it saves mana. Also you’re totally reliant on Uhr relics if you don’t want to stop and drink all the time.

They need to buff TP, BoK, RSK by a lot - and then just adjust the legendary’s healing so that it does the same amount as before.

4 Likes

I’ve only competed N11/11 sanctum. I don’t do m+.

Raids feel really good from what i can tell. I can fistweave and top the meters; the only fight i get close to oom on, is anduin(the hardest fight). Revival feels like the most powerful cd in the raid.
Also, when i don’t feel like fistweaving, like on rygelon, i can just swap off the legendary, still be around the top, while just relaxing really and spot healing. I really really really love mw in raids, it feels like it fits perfectly inline w/ other healers.

As far as mythic+ goes the spec just needs to do more damage. Nothing else really matters imo

2 Likes

Mistweaver in M+ feels really inconsequential, I can add a 5% physical debuff, and bother the melee by being in melee to squeeze out a measly 3.5k dps.

The main issue I’m having is with damage, mythic plus does not favour melee heals, and there’s some affixes where in a pug setting that i’m actively lowering the groups DPS by being present in melee.
This should be offset by higher dps performance from melee healers, but we remain the lowest, while on my resto shaman I’m perfectly situated in range doing almost twice the dps.

Utility is also an issue, we can stun and bump stuff around and heal a lot and that’s about it. Spec feels unfinished.

1 Like

Yeah I’m with you. Mind you, I’m bad at MW - but even if you watch the top MW players you’ll see that they are getting around 10k DPS on normal(ish) pulls. That’s with mythic sausage trinket and capped gear.

A crappy shaman or hpriest is going to easily get that without needing to be one of the best players in the world.

It’s pretty easy to get into groups 2 - 19. Come 20s and up, everyone wants a rshammy or hpriest. It’s been rough getting into a 20 outside of my own. Nice thing about HoA and SD is that you’ll be brought in almost exclusively because you are Venthyr.

I find MW to be at times the carry. You deal such low amount of damage and with a good group not taking any damage you are just a 5th person along for the ride. Also doesn’t feel good having to wait for a very significant dps trinket to be traded to you by someone else in the new raid.

The play style is really fun. If you are someone who plays melee dps, MW is right up your alley to get your feet wet into healing.

As for raiding, the 4 piece set really pumps. Manage your mana accordingly and you put up some serious hps.

1 Like

I’ve been considering picking up MW again after years away, but I don’t like the new AoE rotation. I miss the unique mechanic of getting Renewing Mist on the whole party, even if it was a bit slow, and using Uplift for big raid heals. It felt flavourful and I was always highly effective with it.

These days it seems like Renewing Mist is just a basic HoT and somehow Essence Font is supposed to take its place for raid healing? Maybe I’m doing something wrong but it feels clunky as hell.

Essence Font has always been a bit of a clunky spell, since it was originally made without a cooldown and still follows a lot of the same design logic.

1 Like

It could be worse. I mean, right now, Essence Font has a 12 second cooldown, and causes the monk to heal for 250% of damage done for 15 seconds afterwards.

Compare to Power Word: Radiance. A 20 second cooldown, and causes the priest to heal for 250% of damage done (split over 5 players) for 9 seconds afterward.

With the 4 piece set bonus I have been having a ton of fun playing bone dust brew. Might not be meta but I’m eager to try it out in keys now that I’ve got some gear on this baby monk.

MW has the benefit of you being able to play whichever covenant you want in m+. It is by far the most flexible healer in that sense. You can do 20 and below with any covenant. Unlike Resto Shaman, and Holy Priest, MW does not have a good way to increase its AoE damage significantly for m+. This only matters if you are pushing high high keys. In most m+ situations where you fail to time the key, the healers damage is not going to be the reason why. DPS have so much borrowed power that healer damage is less relevent in keys until over 20s.

As far as raid goes, MW is a very strong healer. I have done less raid content this tier so I cannot speak to specifics but from looking at logs MW is able to complete all content and even was part of the world first Jailer kill. We are in a very stong spot, only really hampered by Druid and Holy Priest also being very strong. All these healers comepete for the same raid spot in a mythic guild. But any other for of content it is fine to over lap these healers IMO.