Mists of Pandaria

I’ve never made it all the way through MoP as I out level it too quickly. I’ve had one character do the angler’s rep to get the fishing perks a while back (before they changed mounts). I’ve just taken one through Jade forest and got the cloud serpent rep but she out leveled that zone before she even finished all the quests there.

Now I’ve taken one straight to Valley of the Four Hills. I thought I would do the Tiller rep and cooking there and hopefully complete the entire zone. However, can you do that without completing the breadcrumb quests that lead here? I don’t see any cooking quests.

All the guides I find are old and are more suited to when MoP first came out. Does anyone have any words of wisdom that will help me start the cooking quests here?

Iirc, you have to be at least one level into MoP content befor the tillers quests in the valley of the four winds open up. On one character that started at 80, I had to wait until it reached 81 to do tillers. On another that started MoP at 85, I couldn’t get tillers quests until 86.

On most characters that I run through MoP, I concentrate on doing just tillers quests as much as possible to get at least 3 plots on the farm.
The farm can grow profession mats that are still pretty valuable. I usually grow either motes or titanium.

It helps to get at least one character on your account to revered with the Tillers so you can add the tabard to your account which gives a 50% rep buff to all characters. You gain the ability to add one plot to the farm for each level of rep.

You may want to wait until the pre-patch leveling changes when you can level 1-50 in any expansion.

1 Like

Thanks! I have the character already to level 83 and wanted to go ahead and get her leveled up. Thanks for the tips on the tillers farm. I will go ahead and level that up. Do you think it would be worth putting my max level characters through the farm too? (Just to be able to farm the materials)

I’d work on getting one character to revered so you can get the tabard. Makes getting rep fo build farm plots go faster on your other characters.

There are also Chinese hat transmogs you can get for having one of the local farmers be a best friend - I think it’s the guy with the chickens. I remember farming gifts for him to get the coolie hats.

EDIT. Unless I have a need for leather, titanium, or alchemy mats, I usually grow motes on the farm plots. They are used for many high level mop recipes.