Mistcaller on Explosive week

lol the first pull in SD is always good for that in pugs. tank double pulls and we get 8 orbs at once. i spend every gcd killing orbs. two dps die to the traps they stood in and then you see “WTF NO HEALS???” in chat from both of them. classic stuff :smiley:

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure explosive damage is a line of sight effect, so if you are doing an LOS anyway, letting them go off shouldn’t be an issue. If I’m wrong let me know.

This is the formula for pugging explosive week lol

1 Like

Obviously I play this game for fun, and chose to play healer this season - but we’re on week 3 of healer affixes now. It was bursting, then grievous, now explosive. It gets de-motivating after this long.

2 Likes

i hear you. i’m having much more fun tanking this season. i’ll still jump on my rsham to help friends out but i have no interest in pushing on her.

i don’t mind grievous really. bursting is annoying on the shaman in pugs because people generally don’t realize SLT isn’t available for every single pull. explosive is just boring… frost shock, frost shock, frost shock, riptide, frost shock, healing surge, frost shock, frost shock…

1 Like

Most of the affixes feel like “healer affixes” in that they feel like they punish the healer more than other players in the group, even tyrannical feels this way.

It’s just hard to design an affix that doesn’t cause increased damage to group in some form.

While I know what you’re saying, because there are so many bad players out there, when it’s done correctly Bursting is primarily a dps affix. And as we’re discussing, Explosive is a group affix, so the only one that falls almost entirely on the healer is Grievous.

But, as most things, when not played correctly, it inappropriately falls on the healer’s shoulders.

Orbs can be LoSd. You’re already hiding from them. Thought this was common knowledge since it’s always been true…

It is. That’s why there is position in SD where you can pull huge and completely ignore explosives, but be careful, some walls aren’t solid.

Just to be clear, tank stuff in doorways and some of the orbs will spawn on the opposite side of the walls. If no one stands in that doorway, just ignore them.

3 Likes

i agree…explosives are a teamwork issue. designating one person to the job makes it more risky than having everyone working together, regardless of your skill bracket.

if a player is skilled enough to go above and beyond (like a healer with a bunch of free globals), then that’s just the cherry on top…but def an everyone duty :100:

Or better yet, bother to assign someone before the key starts to watching for the Mistcaller explosives out in east jesus and you’ll be fine. It is super easy to get caught offguard and wind up with a dead key if you don’t

In groups I play healer gets 90% the 10% group helps out. Now when people say tank, really depends on tank. Pally, druid and dh very good at it. DK and monk not the best. Can get them in melee but not always.

This tier since dps is so high and same said of tanks better for healer to carry explosives as it drastically increases the time saved.

1 Like

Yeah brewmaster unfortunately uses energy to CJL. It’s weird because for MW it’s free. Not sure why they differ.

As said previously, the healer is ideally the best choice to get the explosives. A simple “need some help on the next pull” in party chat goes a long way. You would be surprised how much people chip in! Communicate!

It does not benefit the group to have all 5 members changing targets off the priority mob to kill orbs constantly. It is slower. Mythic + is timed content, the goal is to beat that timer. Having DPS waste globals on orbs is not efficient. When I heal, I kill close to 90%, when I DPS I kill close to none. When it does not go this way, my chances of success are far less.

There is a big difference between all 5 people changing targets constantly and people being aware of the circumstances and eating a couple GCDs here and there to make sure all the orbs are handled.

1 Like

lolno.

Did that. Didn’t work.

Her clones should not spawn explosives.

People saying this probably don’t play healer. Because during that phase of the Mistcaller fight there is a massive amount of damage going out - at least on a +17 during Tyrannical. There’s no time for a healer to get the orbs in the back.

Or the ranged dps should learn to play and spend a GCD on saving the group from a wipe.

1 Like

I tanked it up to 26 this tier and I healed a 23 on my sham yesterday. I soloed the explosives on that boss. Was a non issue. 17 is not a high so sounds like you are struggling mechanically over the affix.

2 Likes

Did Mists a few times this week, one of them went smooth as can be, the other was a failure at Mistcaller.
I can only assume that in the successful run, everyone was doing their job dodging stuff and killing what they were supposed to. I did the same as I always do, keeping ppl alive, dpsing when I can, helping identify the clone, popping explosives as much as possible.
In the failed run, if I was killing explosives, people were dying to dodgeballs/aoe/foxes (WTF why do ppl dps those things when they’re rooted/CCed…) because they weren’t getting regular big heals.
If I was healing people dying from dodgeballs and such, explosives are going off. While the clones were up, the clone lived FOREVER, people were getting hit by dodgeballs, and explosives were going off. On top of the pulsing aoe from the clones, pretty much ended up in a slow death for us all.

Healer, especially in a higher key, is capable of getting 70-80% of the orbs. Tank helps out and dps only switching over if there are more than 4+ orbs up at once. If you are struggling on Mistcaller, you are probably standing in the middle of the arena so you can’t see your surroundings. Put your shirt on and sit down. As a druid and esp shaman, orbs are easy to get with your ranged attacks.

2 Likes

Just don’t ever throw down a world marker to indicate “wait here” because you’ll get half the group following you.

Or a world marker to indicate where you’re going next, because everyone would rather go blind.

Hell, we discussed our dos route pre key and 2/5 went the wrong way after the first damn pull…

I’m convinced that communication goes no where.

Guys, the blue marked player is the tank, follow them unless you see a world marker indicating something else is going on.

1 Like

I’ve lost count of all of the DOS groups that have agreed on “Wo to arden” or “Wo to Hakkar”, and then proceed to kill Vy in the first pack. I could have a tiny sliver of understanding if they autopiloted to Urh by mistake, but no, Vy. For a Wo skip.