Mistakes You'll Fix This Time Around

Minor things mainly, like knowing how to budget myself to get a mount at 40 (rather than mid 40s), skipping shaman water totem quest until 40 (don’t need it to level, and it’s super lame to do without a mount), and I’ll probably skip warlock pets after vw (succy/felhunter) until 40 as well.

Beyond those things… Taking tailor as a raiding lock, taking engi on all my toons for pvp… And saving a massive amount of time by not attempting rank 14, which hopefully let’s me gear out a rogue and /or even my shaman alts to some degree (at least better than I had those two alts in OG vanilla) …

Finally, I’ll also be a hell of a lot more efficient targeting bis gear rather than just going for set completion.

For the longest time in Vanilla, I never bothered (or knew really) that some stats only aided some classes. I equipped my Mage with some wildly inappropriate stuff - if is was cloth and a better color than I already had in the slot, I put it on.

2 Likes

Not vendor the fishing pole from the Hinterlands quest.

4 Likes

I won’t be selling valuable PvP quest items this time around just because they are green, or from a lower level quest.

I never knew about keybindings lol, i never clicked my spells i just kept the ones i used on 1 to 9

I still have my Dartol’s rod.

2 Likes

2H fury > you don’t get an additional 24% miss due to duel wield penalty.

I’m well aware, that’s why I listed it as a mistake. However, I will still do it as a stylistic choice. Also it keeps my 1h weapon skills up for when I throw on a shield to tank.

1 Like

I’ll remove auto-attack from my hotbar.

3 Likes

I’ll remove auto-attack from my hotbar.

You win thread…

A vanilla vet tip when it comes to leveling your 1h weapons. When you hit un’goro crater, the venor raptors will put a 1 hour poison on your main hand weapon. get this poison on your weapon, swap main hands, get it on your other weapon and then duel wield dps grind with 2x these poisons. They stack up to x3 and gives around a 92 damage dot. Proc rate gets the stack up to 3 usually before a mob your level is 1/2 HP. combined with rend (which I still use as a opener in this setup) it gives great damage.

The easiest way to stop auto-attack so that you don’t break cc…tap it because it’s still on your your hotbar.

I’ll roll an orc instead of a troll.

1 Like

Or just kill rats in the tram…

1 Like

Yes you will. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m playing Horde this go around.

:cocktail:

3 Likes

This time, I might not equip every purple BOE that drops while I’m levelling.

2 Likes

I didn’t know how to “best” spend my talent points as I leveled up. So I just didn’t.

Was around level 40 or so before a friend noticed and made me. Life got a lot easier at that point.

In fairness, blizzard was still figuring this out for most of vanilla as well

1 Like

Probably roll a rogue as a main. Not a healer main and rogue alt…