Mistakes You'll Fix This Time Around

Back in the Vanilla Days, the vast majority of us made mistakes. Some big, some small. I thought we could look back and share some here, that we’ll (hopefully) fix this time around.

On my first character (this character, although she was Human back then), I thought that an item having a higher required level to equip was automatically better.

So, when I got to a high enough level, I sold Verigan’s Fist for some Vendor White-Quality Weapon T_T

How about you guys?

My first character was a warrior. I leveled him as dual wield fury. If that weren’t enough, I always wanted agi in addition to str so I could crit more. Of the tiger was my go to affix.

This time around, my warrior will level as dual wield fury, but actually go for gear with stamina on it. I haven’t learned all my lessons apparently, though my warrior will be my second character this time, so he will be funded by a hunter.

Im going to actually make the correct character this time. Not level to 5 and wonder why my hunter doesn’t have a bow. Turns out by “ensuring” I picked the correct realm, going to realm selection and back to my selected realm removes your character creation progress.

So I had made a warrior thinking it was a hunter.

9 Likes

what stats go with what classes

Well I leveled my first char (warrior) as prot…big mistake…then I leveled my second character (druid) as resto…also a mistake…

1 Like

Not a clicker anymore

9 Likes

This, so much. The funny thing is I came from a game with keybindings and I thought wow’s combat was really lame and clumsy in comparison. Still kept clicking all the way through wrath.

I’m going to keep interesting rewards from quests.

4 Likes

I will not pick my class based on the lore. But rather the play style.

I came over from Star Wars Galaxies and you could practically do anything over in that game. I was a Smuggler Shipwright, Smuggler Rifleman, before becoming a Smuggler Bounty Hunter.

When I started to play WoW I read the lore and thought to myself that Rouge was the closest to Smuggler and that’s what I would make. I got to level 20 playing a ranged rogue… it was terrible… the only reason I didn’t get kicked from more dungeons was because I was good at CC and people assumed I was working on my ranged skills…

8 Likes

Dartol’s Rod

3 Likes

Well I’m not going to roll on Electromagnetic Gigaflux Reactivator, if I am playing a rogue, no matter how big that upgrade is for me.

2 Likes

Came from SWG myself so that’s rather amusing.

I will not pull 3 murlocs at once. I will respect, but loathe, the social aggro of those little snots.

10 Likes

I had played several MMO’s before so I didn’t make a ton of mistakes. I think the difference for me will just be not blowing gold on useless stuff and knowing better how to make gold.

Rolling on every weapon as a hunter. I was being too polite the first go around and only rolling on weapons I need. Seems like the latter is a faux paux in the elite hunter circles around the globe.

2 Likes

Not leave Teldrasil at level 5 because I want to “go explore”. Didn’t know about hearth. Died a lot, ended up in The Barrens level 6, and walked back. Wasted like a week of game nights doing that.

3 Likes

There was some consumable Paladin quest item in the vein of Verigan’s Fist that did a ton of Holy damage to an Undead target and I think stunned them. I forget it’s exact effect.

Anyway, I needed some bag space so I used it on some random Ghoul in Duskwood. A couple months later I saw a comment on Wowhead where a guy said he was going to save it for the Lich King.

I wont be saving it for the Lich King, but I will be saving it for Kel’thuzad.

1 Like

I remembered another:

As a miner, I didn’t know you could track veins, so I was always manually looking around for ore. I ended up getting stuck at Iron until I hit 60 and someone told me I could track it. So I had to go back and level it up fully later : /

I abused the Harvesters and the unlimited supply deed on about 6 servers. Made stupid amounts of money. When I got to WoW and had to gather everything by hand I was not a happy camper.

Not going to be caught with my figurative pants down again on my Hunter. Will always stock ammunition and keep a closer eye on it. Otherwise it’s Raptor Strike for days, again.