Mission tables scaling for Venthyr still borked

When are they going to address the mission table scaling issue for Venthyr (i believe Kyrian had it as well)?

Having minions that are 8-10 levels higher than an elite mission, and still only end up at half the health and attack power of the mission enemy is just wrong…especially bad on soul ash missions.

2 Likes

i can beat it low-mid-30s with tank, healer, ranged and 2 melee. beat it twice now.

your characters are mid 30’s, the mission is mid 30’s or both?

my characters are 35 34 33 33 32 i believe. mission i dont really look at level, i look at hp and dmg. i have some sense of what i can and cant do.

Why is this in the D,R & S forums? The mission table is not a dungeon, raid nor scenario.

Some of the missions you can get are a bit random. I’ve randomly gotten a “Campaign” mission as the 5th one on a character that was the 12th one on a different character; needless to say, the former was blocked for a while since it was a mission that was WAYYYY too high up to do.

Also, if one of those is Meatball, he changes things hilariously. And some people don’t have him because of RNG/Torghast ineterst.

i have meatball but he’s not my main tank.

i have the table open now and my Soul Crew is

Nadjia 36
Theotar 36
Kaletar 35
Rahel 35
Stonehead 33

they gained a few levels since the first successful clear but basically these guys can squeeze a win now reliably.

So I have all of those at 36 except for Stonehead 34. My Meatball is 34. Right now it’s fine because I’ve got a 40+ Soul Ash mission which is 11250/770, but I’ve had missions that are 15k/700 or 13k/1100 before, and those are definitely out of reach still, the closest being projected at something like 30% enemy health.

My next Campaign mission is 15k/600 and a level 48+ mission. Guess what isn’t happening.

Meanwhile as Night Fae on another character, I’m getting missions that are in the 8k/500 range which get roflstomped because Night Fae.

my missions are just mid 20s. i didnt let them get that high. I dont have the soul ash mission up yet but most my others are 12-25.

From what I can tell, mission level is just related to the median level of your championy people. My normal missions range from 32 to 39 which is consistent with most of my champs being 32+ (there’s 3 stragglers who are the ones just gotten recently). As I level up, they’ve been levelling up in a similar vein - around Median to 3 levels higher than my Max. If I let my Campaign/Soul ASh missions expire, I can randomly get one pop that’s about 50% easier on RNG alone.

I have a 33R mission that’s 5988/696, a 32 mission that’s 7280/682, another 32 mission that’s 10400/564. The hardest of those is the one that awards a whopping 50 Anima. But if I swap over to my Night Fae Druid, I’ll have a level 30 mission that’s 11200/575 (also for 50 Anima), and I can comfortably send my late 20’s against it and still win comfortably. Why does this system scale the way it does to give me this spread of missions, which clearly don’t quite make sense? Who knows.

If you’re actually just getting lvl 12-25 missions (and presuming your Soul Ash is around the top of that, so 25), surely you can see that it’s a little bit weird that you’re vastly overlevelled beyond them to be able to go “I can squeeze a win now reliably”?