Missing locked trading post item

that reminds me the legend of zelda tears of the kingdom is coming out in 2 months…

thatll be game of the year

they never release a broken game, at least the studio in charge of zelda

I mean this one is like one of the things that should have been on the checklist for internal testing.

“Lock item, force rollover, check item is still there”.

Obscure bugs that aren’t caught internally, on beta or ptr because of limited gameplay ? Sure, possible. You won’t think of every scenario.

Something that’s baseline functionality that is an announced feature ? Shouldn’t even make customer facing server staging, much less production.

This is a pretty easy to bug to test wouldn’t you think? I lean towards giving devs the benefit of the doubt, but this should’ve been noticeable way early into testing.

I’m very interested to see the ways people break it, BotW was incredible with how the physics could be abused to absurd degrees.

botw was the first game ive seen that released with their intention of having people break it

Every single Zelda game has bugs and exploits. You can see these in action during speedruns of those games. Having said that, Zelda games are generally very well polished to the average player. The majority of players never encounter those issues.

What incentive do they have to stop?

At this point I’m wondering if we’re going to see a new feature in DF that won’t have any major bugs.

2 Likes

Nope. They don’t test internally. Don’t listen to beta feedback.

Most things are fixed by the end of the expansion. If not, good luck it will be forgotten about and thrown in the expansion graveyard with the rest of them.

What happened to you guys?

I’m experiencing a talent shortage at my job… But then we increased the pay