Missing Items

Hey there so in all my years i have never had this happen but im working on gearing up a new character, and i bought some gear from the auction house but when i logged in, some of the gear and all the bags i bought are gone. It does not seem i got refunded gold for them, because i know i can just buy them back but im wondering what went wrong to avoid my items and gold disappearing again.

I’d first try relogging.

There can sometimes be a graphical glitch that makes things appear gone. Relogging will usually do it - but sometimes it takes a day or so for them to pop back - but I’d try the relogging first.

That is presuming no one else actually got into your account and removed anything. Usually in a compromise situation - the first thing they go after is your gold, not just items.

If this doesn’t sort itself out by this evening - after a relog or two, you could also pop in a ticket.

1 Like

yeap, to be more clear, i lost only the gold that i spent on the items when i bought them from the AH. i still have gold and i could go buy more but it would be nice to not waste 20k again lol. But what im finding the most odd is that not all of the gear i purchased was taken. i have most of it. i lost the neck, both rings, and 1 darkmoon trinket and my bags. everything else is untouched

It’s actually more likely that none of the items you purchased have actually been taken. It’s either a bug that crops up from time to time where it ‘looks’ like things are missing but they magically show up a little while later, or it could be a UI or addon issue which might be resolved with a Full UI Reset too.

2 Likes