Missing Gold & Bank Log Errors Following Realm Merge

Was directed to try and seek resolution here, as I originally posted this in Technical Support & then was directed to Bug Report area. I am on the Drak’Thul Realm where a merge between other servers was made today. Following today’s reset there seems to be an accounting issue with our Guild Bank’s starting and ending balance. We started the day at 3.509 Million Gold and for some reason we are now at 2.261 Million Gold without having made a withdrawal. In addition to this, the guild Money Log is not lining up with anything recent. It shows transactions from a month ago, and then 18 days, then 2 months ago out of order. This is a guild bank that only my Son(s) and I are members of. Somehow we are essentially missing around 1.3 Million gold and can not account for where this went. Please advise the best route to research this, as I have been through multiple areas of the ticket service and cannot find a path where this best fits for technical support. Will this resolve itself over time? Thank you

4 Likes

As mentioned, file a ticket. Your Bug Report will be a help to nipping this bug.

It’s possible it may correct itself, but definitely file a ticket.

3 Likes

Have the same issue. Missing about 400,000 gold from my family guild bank. I put in a ticket. Was told to go research the issue because they were pretty much too busy to look and help me. Research will not help because my gold came up missing due to the merge.

Then file a bug report, the more info they have, the better chances it will be fixed.

2 Likes

I’ve filed a ticket recently and have received the letter you received. That may be how you interpreted it, but it isn’t what it said. Reopen your ticket. Add any additional information you may have about the issue. Reiterate that it happened during the realm connection. Ask if they can help you find the missing gold.

All, just found Goldcups post per chance while doing the “Research” that was suggested to me as well. I was informed the same thing… nobody available to look into the issue and my ticket was closed as answered. I did reopen it… but I am getting really frustrated and upset at the moment.

I have posted in the Customer Support Forum, which directed to me to the Technical Forum, which then directed me to the Bug Forum. All advised me open a ticket, which I did. The ticket then told me no time to assist and that I should check the Bug, Customer Support, Technical Forum, and then actually told me to check Wowhead?

1 Like

There should be an option in the ticket that states you need more assistance.

The response you received was likely on how the ticket was placed, I do see now in the other post you reopened the ticket, but also make sure to put in a bug report. This may need development intervention, and bug reports help qa and development teams track down the information.

3 Likes

I did reopen or choose the option to request additional assistance. Sorry for sounding so negative, I have been fortunate over the past 14-15 years and not really had to open a ticket or raise issues for things. This one though really has me engaged though based on the level. I’ll be a bit more patient and give Blizzard some more time. Appreciate the support from all the forum volunteers / mods throughout this!

It’s likely the standard one because of COVID. It gives a list of steps to check. At the bottom is says something like mine did.

If even after having considered and tried all the above-mentioned suggestions your issue is not yet resolved, please come back to us and a Game Master will look into it as soon as possible.

I understand. I would be upset about the missing gold and frustrated by the standard letter. My ticket was for the EU and they tend to have a longer response time. To get an answer that wasn’t an answer can seem like a brush-off.

1 Like

Is there a phone number or way to get into contact with an actual human at Blizzard? I finally received after 3 days a response regarding my ticket, and I am quite confident that the person actually did not invest any time whatsoever to actually looking at the issue. I was informed that back in June I must have deleted a character that had the money on it. I have not deleted a character ever from this server… ever. I am not even sure how that is even a response considering the WOW Guild Bank showed a balance of 3.5M Gold on the morning of 8/4/2020, and later in that evening showed a balance of 2.2M Gold.

I am very upset as this is an extreme loss to me based on all the effort and time I put into getting to this point. It represents a loss of nearly $150 of either Wow Tokens or real money that I would need to invest to get back to that point.

There is no number to call, there has been no call in support for a while, and none for in game issues. I would think you could open the ticket again, using the I need more help option on your current ticket.

2 Likes

Thanks Kozzae. I did and tried to be as nice as possible, but I am beginning to become extremely impatient.

Very disappointed to see this level of customer service. Am I allowed to post the response that was provided after 3 days of waiting, because it is almost laughable how little effort was put into what I personally consider a major issue.

If it didn’t address your issue, reopen it, Veladoran.

2 Likes

I still wonder if this was a display issue with TSM, reviewing the two pictures you posted in the past, the guild bank shows the same amount of gold on 8/4 as 8/6, the only difference is the graph showing all characters and guild. Most likely, the GM staff, after reviewing the logs did not find any loss either.

8/4 2,261,418 gold

8/6 2,261,418

The character gold data on the bottom right is different, but that is a different addon.

2 Likes

I stopped putting anything into the guild bank the moment I saw the difference, hence the numbers being the same. I have been accumulating all gold on my main character now. In fact, the balance today 8/8/2020 is exactly the same even in WOW’s GB view (No 3rd Party Addon) because I haven’t added/withdrawn since.

Previous to the event, as I would accrue money, I would deposit it directly into the guild bank. This was done several times throughout the day, so that anytime I needed to buy things, I had to consider it and actually remove it from the bank prior to doing so. Sort of a check-point per say to see if I needed it rather than binge spending. In the 8/4/2020 image, you will notice a dip back around the beginning of July. This is where I took out nearly 500k to buy Zin’anthid & Anchor Weed to reset the market and create some Pots/Flasks. I specifically remember doing this as I had to really consider dipping into or withdrawing to reinvest into the market. Normally I farm, sell/craft, farm, sell/craft. Additionally, I know each and every milestone I hit as I had shown the guild bank balance (Not TSM) to my wife. She was also aware that I have been saving for the Bruto for my son (He does no know this yet, he thinks it is for me). When I withdrew that money, I had just reached $2M for the first time ever, and my wife asked if I was sure that was a wise move. You can see over the next month I made nearly 1.5M based on that decision among others.

I constantly look at the Guild Bank Balance as well as the Guild Bank Money Log. Please again take a look directly at the WOW version of the money log (below) I literally just screen shotted a few minutes ago.
https://imgur.com/s4bePRW

You can see where I noticed the issue back on the 4th and deposited/withdrew 1 copper a few times to see if the log updated. The rest of the activity shows from 21 days ago, to two months ago. Compare that to the TSM log (Yes I know it is 3rd party and can be off) which shows steady deposits over the past 21 days… where are those in the guild bank money log. I make anywhere from 5-10 deposits a day into the Guild Bank… where are those deposits in the log?

I am nearly 100% certain that somehow when this took place (Realm Merger/Reset) my Guild Bank logs and money were reset back several weeks to where they were previously at some check-point. All I would ask of the Bizzard Rep reviewing my ticket to do is look at the actual wow gb gold balance on the morning of 8/4 and compare to the night of 8/4 after reset. I have three people here (Wife, Son, & other Son) that literally saw 3.5M on the evening on 8/3 as that was another milestone.

If you’re this verbose in a ticket, I can see why a GM could have misread it.

Something like:

My character X in Y guild (had ____ gold in guild bank on Date) on Z realm was a part of the realm merges on Date, Z realm merged with B realm and I noticed there was a gold discrepancy when I logged back in again. Please double check.

Would do wonders.

7 Likes

Alv, that’s pretty much what I did in the ticket. It has been on here where I have actually been asked to expand upon the situation. Wanted to keep it simple on the ticket with just particular facts.

My reasoning for being verbose on here, is that I am trying to see if others have experienced the same type of issues with the Gold Log, Gold Loss, and other issues that were presented. Part of the response from Blizzard was for me to research and figure out what occurred. Figured since they weren’t doing it, I may as well see what the common theme is with other players.

Blockquote
I am trying to see if others have experienced the same type of issues with the Gold Log, Gold Loss, and other issues that were presented.

Yes, this is the exact issue I had. For me it was 500k+ that I added to the Guild Bank, then the next day when I added another 11k, it just showed the 11k the 500k was missing. As I mentioned on another thread of yours, I got a response saying they were sending it to Dev, but I wonder now if that was meant to placate me, seeing as the response you got was less than stellar.

No, it isn’t. What it means is that they want to address the issue overall, rather than try to fix the issue on a case-by-case basis. Some manual fixes can cause the issue to break further.

With this happening after a realm connection, it could happen with other realm connections. They would want to have it addressed now so that either it doesn’t happen next time, or they have an additional process to run after the next connection is made.

6 Likes