Missing Essence of Ny'alotha

I logged in today, saw the tooltip say they were available for emissaries, logged over to another toon, they disappeared. Logged back to the same toon I originally noticed the tooltip on again and they are gone,. What in the world? And now I have completed my assaults and emissaries, does that mean I lost all those currencies!!!

I logged into my main first. Got my weekly M+ chest (15 key). No Echoes of Ny’alotha. I do have all but 1 essence on this mage (Conflict and Strife). I have a rank 2 C&S on shaman. So I am earning NO Echoes on my mage at all. Then when I get R3 C&S on shaman I wont be able to get it on mage? Or will I start earning after a R3 is available on another character? This is ridiculous.

The new currency isn’t a reward for having lots of essences. It is a catch-up mechanism. If your main has all the essences already there isn’t anything for it to catch up with.

You get the currency on a toon if another of your toons (forget this main/alt thing, all toons are treated the same) has a rank 3 essence you don’t have yet. And you have logged that other toon in to tell the game you have it.

They only mention logging in mains first because most people have all their essences on their mains and so that unlocks earning the currency on all their other toons. You will never get - or need - any on your main unless you have an alt that has an essence rank 3 your main doesn’t have.

Same thing. As long as your mage has all the r3 essences that any of your characters have earned, it won’t get Echoes because it doesn’t need to catch-up to anything. If your shaman gets r3 C&S and your mage doesn’t have it, then the mage will start getting Echoes so it can catch up on C&S.

Yes it would have been nice to start getting Echoes even while you don’t need them so you can stockpile them for when you do, but Blizz has a long history of hating stockpiling (with pretty good game design reasons) and they are actively preventing it here.

I logged into my main tuesday. opened mythic and pvp weelky chests. then i logged into my 2 current alts who have a couple R3 essences.

I have done a good chunk of content on my main since yesterday. I have done the assault in drustvar and CTA on one alt and doing it on another. so far nothing received anywhere.

2 Likes

It appears to me I got nothing, and I am a little confused, my main had no option to purchase lvl 3 but lower level alts can?

Logged into main yesterday with rank three essences. Today logged in alts who don’t have rank three’s . did assualts and emmisaries and recieved zero essences with no option on mother to buy essences. I’ve also logged out , re logged with my main and then to my alts and still nothing. I’m confused as to what gives ? Is this working as intended ?

1 Like

I even delete my alt that got it, yesterday and Main still does not have it and thats to Blizz bad roll out my main toon from what I have read will never get that currency! if I would have known BAD BLIZZ!!!

FYI that breaking news addition, was not live at 11 am est when I checked my chest.
That message went live 50 minutes later.

Buena tarde no he recibido ningĂșn Ecos de Ny’alotha con mi main desde que se activĂł esta modalidad, con mis alts si les cae con los emisarios .

Ok, so I have ran M+s on all toons, and have earned Echos on all EXCEPT my main. There are many she still does not have rank 3 on. Why hasn’t the currency unlocked for her?

It doesn’t just unlock if there are rank 3 essences you don’t have yet - that would make it trivial to get them all.

It unlocks if you have another character that has a rank 3 essence you don’t have. If your main has all the rank 3s that any of your other characters have - a very common situation, same for me - then it can’t buy anything with the currency so it doesn’t get any.

i was able to upgrade a healing essence on my main, i assume because my other alts don’t have a healing spec. they stopped collecting after i got R3 for that essence.