Missing Essence of Ny'alotha

Can confirm this bug happened on my toon Nerfinfernal-Area52 currently opened both weekly chests and recieved no new currency.

Didn’t receive any on my warlock too (the ONE clas I needed them on) but my main got 525

Same here got them on my monk which i dont need them on but not my warrior

I also am not even able to obtain them from bgs like i can on my monk

Also did not receive any currency on both of my two characters from the weekly cache(both had completed their 15’s). Mother is not showing any vendor options either.

There was an update on this earlier today:

It looks like the game needs to “know” that your alt is eligible for Essences of Ny’alotha by you having already logged in to a character that has a rank 3 essence your alt doesn’t have. Similar to how the mount achievements require you to log in to the character that has the most mounts to push the count, the game can’t “see” all your other characters when you log in to one.

Of course this isn’t going to help anybody that has already had the problem and nobody will read this except people who had the problem looking for a solution :confused: But at least you will know for next time.

1 Like

My DH and Druid got theirs but my monk didn’t get anything. I was also able to buy a rank 3 that I didn’t have on anyone.

1 Like

So Blizzard, what are you going to do for those of us who logged in on our alt expecting to get the essences, only to get nothing, and then log onto our mains and bam get something that is soul bound and unusable for a character that already has rank 3 or 4 essences. All of this BEFORE you posted your update at 9am pst…i sure would like to know.

2 Likes

I logged into an “Alt” that does have rank 3 essences… but out of my 4 toons 8 chests… this one alt got nothing out the 2 it opened. I was logged in first on this toon. I read they are going to fix once you have opened… if that is true… that just really blows. I played a lot on this alt yesterday and last night to catch it up. sigh…

so didnt see the post to log into main first as i usually log into my alts first. didnt get any, so blizz you going to make this right? we are expected to read a maintenance post before logging in? so what is the fix for this?

i did not get any on my main or any of my multiple alts.

1 Like

I also had nothing on my main. I did an 18 last week, got everything but my echoes for my Druid.

Very cool system

So the Breaking News window on the launcher doesn’t give you the “Oh dang I better read this!” feeling?

Lots of ppl logged in before the “uh oh we stuffed up better kick dirt over this fire” post was made by blizz.

2 Likes

I logged on my main who has 8 or so Rank 3 essences. I did not get any out of my Mythic Cache nor did I get any from doing the Assault in Vale today.

I logged in today, saw the tooltip say they were available for emissaries, logged over to another toon, they disappeared. Logged back to the same toon I originally noticed the tooltip on again and they are gone,. What in the world? And now I have completed my assaults and emissaries, does that mean I lost all those currencies!!!

I logged into my main first. Got my weekly M+ chest (15 key). No Echoes of Ny’alotha. I do have all but 1 essence on this mage (Conflict and Strife). I have a rank 2 C&S on shaman. So I am earning NO Echoes on my mage at all. Then when I get R3 C&S on shaman I wont be able to get it on mage? Or will I start earning after a R3 is available on another character? This is ridiculous.

The new currency isn’t a reward for having lots of essences. It is a catch-up mechanism. If your main has all the essences already there isn’t anything for it to catch up with.

You get the currency on a toon if another of your toons (forget this main/alt thing, all toons are treated the same) has a rank 3 essence you don’t have yet. And you have logged that other toon in to tell the game you have it.

They only mention logging in mains first because most people have all their essences on their mains and so that unlocks earning the currency on all their other toons. You will never get - or need - any on your main unless you have an alt that has an essence rank 3 your main doesn’t have.

Same thing. As long as your mage has all the r3 essences that any of your characters have earned, it won’t get Echoes because it doesn’t need to catch-up to anything. If your shaman gets r3 C&S and your mage doesn’t have it, then the mage will start getting Echoes so it can catch up on C&S.

Yes it would have been nice to start getting Echoes even while you don’t need them so you can stockpile them for when you do, but Blizz has a long history of hating stockpiling (with pretty good game design reasons) and they are actively preventing it here.

I logged into my main tuesday. opened mythic and pvp weelky chests. then i logged into my 2 current alts who have a couple R3 essences.

I have done a good chunk of content on my main since yesterday. I have done the assault in drustvar and CTA on one alt and doing it on another. so far nothing received anywhere.

2 Likes

It appears to me I got nothing, and I am a little confused, my main had no option to purchase lvl 3 but lower level alts can?